Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India refund question - Please help me understand!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals

So, cancelled an AI ticket and boy, did they take their own sweet time to process the refund!

Anyhoo, when I finally received it, it was INR 2K less than I was expecting, so my question is:

When you buy a simple roundtrip, say, BOM-DEL-BOM, and in the fare rules it says cancellation charges are INR 2000 per coupon, do they mean BOM-DEL is 1 coupon and DEL-BOM is 1 coupon-so basically 2 coupons? Or is it all just 1 coupon and they refunded me INR 2000 less than they should have?

Thanks much!!
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You had 2 coupons (2 flights-segments)
In the old days of paper tickets they ripped out the coupon when you flew.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 10:29 pm

I haven't see a coupon in many years, and it is strange that AI should use terminology that many of its passengers are too young to know.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I haven't see a coupon in many years, and it is strange that AI should use terminology that many of its passengers are too young to know.
The terminology is still the same. The coupon has become electronic, but it is still referred to as a coupon.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Thank you all! I guess for the simple roundtrip, they do charge INR 4K as a cancellation fee (for tickets with fare rules that say INR 2K cancellation fee per coupon).
Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Thank you all! I guess for the simple roundtrip, they do charge INR 4K as a cancellation fee (for tickets with fare rules that say INR 2K cancellation fee per coupon).
unfortunately per coupon means per segment....
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
unfortunately per coupon means per segment....
Not neccessarily. A multi-sector direct flight with the same flight number (eg. AI 635 BOM-IDR-DEL) will be 2 segments, but only 1 coupon.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Not neccessarily. A multi-sector direct flight with the same flight number (eg. AI 635 BOM-IDR-DEL) will be 2 segments, but only 1 coupon.
i should have been more clear....in the op's instance per coupon means per sector....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.