Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

New EY first-class lounge in Abu Dhabi [Access for 9W Plat members]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Is it still the case that 9W Platinums can get in (assuming they're flying one of EY or 9W out of AUH)? Just seems bizarre that someone flying EY in business can't use the lounge while a 9W Platinum in Y can get in. (Not that I'm complaining - hoping to try this lounge next month if they're letting 9W Plats in.)
Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:58 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Is it still the case that 9W Platinums can get in (assuming they're flying one of EY or 9W out of AUH)? Just seems bizarre that someone flying EY in business can't use the lounge while a 9W Platinum in Y can get in. (Not that I'm complaining - hoping to try this lounge next month if they're letting 9W Plats in.)
Yup, Jet Plats are allowed and are even allowed to bring a guest in with them..

A friend of mine visited it recently.. you can read his review (spoiler alert - it's freaking awesome) here: http://www.milesandevenmore.com/2016...abu-dhabi.html

I am hoping when I travel through AUH next month, some kind Jet Plat soul would take me and my wife in this heaven.. im travelling business, yet no access to this lounge.. U can imagine the "bizzare" part of ur sentence is so applicable to me
Old Aug 13, 2016, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
flying 9w out of auh in business next month....would i not be able to use the lounge????i don't have any status with 9w but am gold with ey....
Old Aug 13, 2016, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
flying 9w out of auh in business next month....would i not be able to use the lounge????i don't have any status with 9w but am gold with ey....
never mind....got my answer....seems like no access for business class passengers....
Old Aug 13, 2016, 4:44 am
Original Poster

never mind....got my answer....seems like no access for business class passengers....
Yeah, this is what it says on the Etihad site:

We invite the following guests to enjoy the facilities:

Guests of The Residence
First Class guests
Etihad Guest Platinum member with one guest
Eithad Airways Partner airlines platinum members with one guest
Virgin Australia Velocity Platinum members with one guest
Old Aug 13, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Quite ironic that EY treats 9W Plats better than 9W does..
Old Aug 13, 2016, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Anish
Quite ironic that EY treats 9W Plats better than 9W does..
Ha. With the new restructuring of Jet Privilege benefits, access to the EY first class lounge is probably one of the key perks of 9W platinum status now.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:54 am
Used to be ' simz '

AUH Airport

Msg me ur date.. we might end up meeting at the airport..
Old Aug 14, 2016, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
Msg me ur date.. we might end up meeting at the airport..
will do....in all likelihood its going to be the 22nd of september....
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Wow.. I wasn't aware of this. Will look forward to accessing this lounge during my travel in October. I guess I can take my wife along - will they allow entry to a 7 y/o child?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
AA Executive Platinum ?

Hi there,

Is American Airlines considered a "partner" ? If yes, do Executive Platinum
or Platinum members have access to First Class Lounge at AUH if flying
EY ?

F.A.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyalways
Hi there,

Is American Airlines considered a "partner" ? If yes, do Executive Platinum
or Platinum members have access to First Class Lounge at AUH if flying
EY ?

F.A.
Its a partner only for earning and burning. Not for any status match/reciprocal benefits.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 4:01 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
Checking the EY F lounge availability (for 9W plats) in the following situations -

1) Flying 9W, marketed by 9W and crediting miles to 9W?
2) Flying 9W, marketed by EY and crediting miles to 9W?
3) Flying EY, marketed by 9W and crediting miles to 9W?
4) Flying EY, marketed by EY and crediting miles to 9W?
5) What if it is marketed (operated by EAP/EY/9W) by EAP or operated (marketed by EAP/9W/EY) by EAP and crediting miles to 9W?

I have found myself in all of the above combinations at various points in the past 2 years and hence the query.

Thanks to FT and you guys, I now know about this perk. Its not obvious and 9W/EY agents don't mention it. I missed out while transiting AUH in July & August and had to make do with the J lounge as I was flying in EY J.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 2:07 am
Used to be ' simz '

Originally Posted by vbh812
Checking the EY F lounge availability (for 9W plats) in the following situations -

1) Flying 9W, marketed by 9W and crediting miles to 9W?
2) Flying 9W, marketed by EY and crediting miles to 9W?
3) Flying EY, marketed by 9W and crediting miles to 9W?
4) Flying EY, marketed by EY and crediting miles to 9W?
5) What if it is marketed (operated by EAP/EY/9W) by EAP or operated (marketed by EAP/9W/EY) by EAP and crediting miles to 9W?

I have found myself in all of the above combinations at various points in the past 2 years and hence the query.

Thanks to FT and you guys, I now know about this perk. Its not obvious and 9W/EY agents don't mention it. I missed out while transiting AUH in July & August and had to make do with the J lounge as I was flying in EY J.
First of all, forget about where u r crediting ur miles.. makes no difference to the question of what you have access to as a benefit..

secondly, the J lounge isn't that bad (im trying to convince myself - since I am travelling next week and I don't have access to this lounge)..

as for your access, I think irrespective of who is marketing and who is flying u, u get access as Jet Plat, to this lounge.. u r an etihad guest platinum and you get access to this palace, as long as your boarding pass gets u to it's door.. Infact, I would go as far as saying, if you are in the airport and not even flying Jet/EY, you should still be able to go it, but that's something that will need to be checked out..

btw, milesandevenmore did a blog post on this lounge (http://www.milesandevenmore.com/2016...abu-dhabi.html) .. looks awesome..

do let us know what you thought about it, next time u r in there.. and in case u r in Abu Dhabi/Dubai, drop me a line, we shall catch up..
Old Sep 9, 2016, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Well, I'm in this lounge at the moment, and the lady at the front desk just asked for my boarding pass and didn't want to see my JP Platinum card. I'm flying EY business, not first, so wonder if they've relaxed the requirements. The lounge seems reasonably well populated – there must be about 30 passengers in here at the moment (1 AM).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.