Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

New EY first-class lounge in Abu Dhabi [Access for 9W Plat members]

New EY first-class lounge in Abu Dhabi [Access for 9W Plat members]

Old Sep 19, 2016, 6:09 am
Original Poster

What do you know - I was denied access to this lounge earlier today. The person at the entrance directed me to the business class lounge instead. The website still says JP Platinums are allowed to use the first class lounge, along with one guest. I didn't bother pursuing it.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 11:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Sounds like a misinformed agent, you should've pulled up the link on your phone.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA, QF, Marriott (Titanium)
I was denied entry as well ...

The agent in AUH was adamant that 2 weeks ago the benefit has been withdrawn
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Strange. So they seem to have gone from letting people in pretty much without question (they didn't ask to see my 9W Platinum credentials when I got in) to barring them entirely. And the website still says "Eithad Airways Partner airlines platinum members with one guest" are okay.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Here's the latest update:

I visited this lounge on Oct 14 and 25, along with my wife and kid. On my first visit (Oct 13), I was told that for 9W plats, access is restricted to self only. Did not argue further and headed to business class lounge, which seemed a bit overcrowded and dull.

I went to first lounge again during my return journey (Oct 25) and was given the same response - entry allowed for self only. This time, I handed them a copy of Etihad's webpage which shows guests are allowed for partner airlines' plats. The staff seemed confused and called supervisor who showed me her computer screen which clearly mentioned self only access. However, I was still allowed entry (along with wife and child) as an exception by the lounge supervisor. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.