Wiki Posts
Search

9W reliability

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2016, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

9W reliability

Hi,
Never traveled on 9W before and have a question on their reliability. We are booked on 9W-603 VTZ-DEL and at the time of booking, I noticed that only 6 seats were taken and the flight is practically empty. Will 9W cancel the flight because of light loads? We have an international connection later that day and cannot afford not to be in DEL that day. There's 3 other direct flights by Indigo and AI later that day. Are we better off booking another airline? Thanks for your input.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:08 pm

No they don't,
I have flown a flight with exactly 3 pax on 25 dec 7pm
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
they shouldn't....i've flown a number of flights with very few passengers....none of those were cancelled....
Old Apr 13, 2016, 2:09 am

Flights are rarely cancelled as the TAT will be 40/60 mins to go from Delhi to the next destination. So it would have a cascading impact on schedules.

If a plane is down for maintenance, then it could get pulled. But highly unlikely.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arakhanna
Flights are rarely cancelled as the TAT will be 40/60 mins to go from Delhi to the next destination. So it would have a cascading impact on schedules.

If a plane is down for maintenance, then it could get pulled. But highly unlikely.
I hadn't thought of that. Looks like this particular flight originates in BOM. Then - VTZ - DEL, so they'd have to cancel the BOM - VTZ segment too. That segment also has light loads, looks like BOM - VTZ and VTZ - DEL have a grand total of 15 passengers. I'll be cautiously optimistic that this groups assessment comes true.

Thanks for your responses.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The seat map does not reflect the actual number of reservations for a particular flight. It is a common mistake trying to predict the loads of a flight from the seat map available. You can easily have fight that is fully booked, however, with many unassigned seats. Many reservations are with no ASR, e.g. group bookings and for carriers where ASR is for a fee. It is almost certain that your flight will have many more pax than 5 or 15 at the end of the day.

Most likely your flights will depart pretty full - airlines are very good at this mind you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.