Wiki Posts
Search

Travel without id card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Travel without id card

We are a family traveling on a domestic sector. We would like to take our help along with us, she is A senior citizen female. The problem is that she has no photo ID card. All she has is a ration card without photo and an air India senior citizen card. Any suggestion on how she can come along.

I still need to buy her tickets. We are going by indigo and returning by air India if it matters.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:08 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
When are you going to be travelling ?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:34 am
Original Poster

In a week.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I don't think they will even let her enter the airport.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:25 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
In a week.
If the travel was > 2 weeks out, you could've enrolled her for AADHAR and got the same done within that time frame.

As it is, she will not be allowed into the airport.
If you can do without her for 1-2 days into the trip, consider booking her a train ticket to your destination for this trip and then enrolling for her ID for future trips when you get back.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:14 am

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
Passbooks issued by nationalized banks that have a photograph with stamp were considered as a valid proof for air travel. Not sure if this hold true today.
Seems to be old but you can try this: http://www.airindia.com/Images/pdf/C...d_13th_Jun.pdf
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the link. She does have the air India senior citizen card. I am not sure if indigo will accept it. Will update once we try to fly out next week.

Originally Posted by paag
Passbooks issued by nationalized banks that have a photograph with stamp were considered as a valid proof for air travel. Not sure if this hold true today.
Seems to be old but you can try this: http://www.airindia.com/Images/pdf/C...d_13th_Jun.pdf
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
AI card should be sufficient I guess, unless the rules have become highly strict now. I once managed to enter with a photo credit card. My dad has used a senior citizen card issued by Axis Bank.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: Jet Airways Platinum
Well last year in july I was going to dehradun via delhi from ahmedabad along with my family. At the airport it came to our notice that my aumt had forgotten her i.d.
We entered the airport with only my uncle showing his i.d and security let us through as we were all on same ticket. We managed the same at dehradun while returning as well and at delhi both the times. In fact none of us were asked i.d. It depends completely on the security personnel. Also we didnt face any issues while checkin. We were flying with spicejet on all the sectors.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: FR, JetPrevilage
If security personel is sensible, he'll let her in
Old Mar 10, 2016, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

I am hoping the same.

Originally Posted by punchi
If security personel is sensible, he'll let her in
Old Mar 12, 2016, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
get an affidavit made stating that she is who she claims to be & has no photo id & then get a first class magistrate to notarize it & you will be good to go....
Old Mar 27, 2016, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Just a feedback on our experience. At both places we were let into the airport with the Air India senior citizen id. No questions asked. We did have a photoid passbook as back up.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Just a feedback on our experience. At both places we were let into the airport with the Air India senior citizen id. No questions asked. We did have a photoid passbook as back up.
Thanks for the update
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Any one had experience with using a Pvt. Company issued ID card?

Asking for a cousin, who is travelling after the initial training before her first job. - No other ID card Original is with her.

AI's doc lists Student ID as an acceptable proof - Technically she is still in training.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.