Search

Domestic carriers: BOM GOI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2016, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Domestic carriers: BOM GOI

Now the visa malarkey has become simpler, easier, cheaper - I'm going back to Goa. I wasn't quite prepared for the wide choice of airlines operating between Mumbai and Dabolim, from the venerable Air India through Jet, to the Spice, Go, Indigo & friends.

Is there any carrier best avoided? Any one preferred? Or are they all much of a muchness?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Or are they all much of a muchness?
this one....

its a short flight....just go with the cheapest option....
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:25 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
To be honest, I've had better experiences with Spicejet and IndiGo than AI and 9W recently. Even if the latter does the "6E = Sexy" thing to death... Downside can be the less convenient terminals at some airports.

Air Costa hasn't given me particularly "Happy Flying" though (but that's not an option on this route). Woeful punctuality. The fact it reuses Lloyd Aereo Boliviano's IATA code leads to pleasing booking system confusion, though.

Of course, there's always the train. The Konkan Railway is rather lovely.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 4:38 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Now the visa malarkey has become simpler, easier, cheaper - I'm going back to Goa. I wasn't quite prepared for the wide choice of airlines operating between Mumbai and Dabolim, from the venerable Air India through Jet, to the Spice, Go, Indigo & friends.

Is there any carrier best avoided? Any one preferred? Or are they all much of a muchness?
If you're connecting in BOM, note that International flights land at the newer, much more modern T2. If you choose BOM-GOI by either Air India or Vistara (an SQ offspring), both operate their domestic flights from the same terminal and you need not switch terminals.

All other airlines will require you to transfer to Terminal 1.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by stut

Of course, there's always the train. The Konkan Railway is rather lovely.

^^ for the train. Waking up to Goa is a delight: but sadly two-thirds of my travel companions were traumatised by the lavatories on a Cochin to Trivandrum overnighter. The other third doesn't do trains .
Old Jan 30, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: Delta 1 MM, Platinum. Marriott-Hilton Gold
I prefer Indigo due to the on-time arrivals and clean planes. My second choice is Jet. Unfortunately at this point neither fly from the international terminal so when you connect flying back home, you will need to change terminals.

I generally fly in through Delhi where the domestic terminal is much better than the worn out domestic terminal in Bombay. The waiting area for boarding is crammed like sardines, with very little food choices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.