Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Anish
I'm not sure if reloading the wallet is eligible but buying gift cards on Amazon and then using them to load the wallet is definitely eligible.
Thanks Anish. I will play around
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:01 pm

HDFC Diners devaluation

Anyone have any insights into the latest devaluations on the Diners Black?

The travel benefits page now says this on top:

Book Air Tickets / Hotels across 150+ Airlines and Choice of hotels (Domestic & International) at www.hdfcbankdinersclub.com and get 2X Reward Point

This feature will be withdrawn w.e.f 15th August 2017

Redeem reward points for booking Air Tickets / Hotels across 150+ Airlines and Choice of hotels (Domestic & International) at www.hdfcbankdinersclub.com ( 1 Reward Point = Re. 1 )

Redeem Reward Point for AirMiles across Jet Airways (JPMiles), Air India (Air India Miles) or Singapore Airlines (KrisFlyer Miles). 1 Reward Point = 1 AirMile.

It's ambiguous which of the benefits the line in bold applies to. Is it to say they're shutting down the hdfcbankdinersclub.com booking portal? Seems unlikely they'd do so with so little notice.

Everyone seems to be saying the 2x rewards points on bookings on that portal are going away, but my question is one or more of the two other benefits also going away, and if so, which one?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
They are doing away with the 2x rewards, not the portal.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by L_D_M
It's ambiguous which of the benefits the line in bold applies to. Is it to say they're shutting down the hdfcbankdinersclub.com booking portal? Seems unlikely they'd do so with so little notice.
HDFC well never remove anything with so little notice. They believe in 0 notice. Transfer to AA and other partners was removed without any notice. All devaluations we done without any notice.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:45 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Krisflyer is the only worthwhile airline partner remaining for me, and I've been racking up HDFC points for that sole purpose only.

Does anyone else think that they could be next on the chopping block?

I'll likely be using the transferred KF points in the next 2 years anyway, so its not like they will expire sitting there.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:28 pm

After recent devaluation of KF miles, I don't think hdfc will drop off kf soon. You can't be sure.

Only thing you can be sure of is, hdfc won't give us any notice.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
If you account for the fuel surcharge that they have removed, the effective increase is not that much.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...aluation-2017/
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Anish
If you account for the fuel surcharge that they have removed, the effective increase is not that much.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...aluation-2017/
I understand that the devaluation is not major, I still think loss of 15% online discount + major eduction n Max earning may be enough for hdfc to keep it.

We can't be sure though.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:18 am

Looks like HDFC smart buy is no longer a 10X partner. New list upto 31 October does not feature any travel portal. Another serious downgrade I suppose.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by ajj1983
Looks like HDFC smart buy is no longer a 10X partner. New list upto 31 October does not feature any travel portal. Another serious downgrade I suppose.
Ugh, that sucks. So now there's no OTAs on the 10x list at all.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 11:33 pm

Push comes to shove, you can always purchase Cleartrip/MMT gift cards from Amazon and use them for travel.

But yeah, the golden days of this program look to be over soon.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by deovrat
Push comes to shove, you can always purchase Cleartrip/MMT gift cards from Amazon and use them for travel.
Yeah, that occurred to me, but I remember reading elsewhere that there was speculation that spends on gift cards were disqualified from earning 10x. Though I don't know how they would track that, since presumably the merchant name would display as "Amazon <whatever>" in all cases.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:47 am

The HDFC smartbuy website still advertises 10X reward points on HDFC credit cards till 31st August.

Yesterday I called the Imperia customer service and the agent said Smartbuy gets 10X.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Yeah, that occurred to me, but I remember reading elsewhere that there was speculation that spends on gift cards were disqualified from earning 10x. Though I don't know how they would track that, since presumably the merchant name would display as "Amazon <whatever>" in all cases.
I did it a couple months ago and got the 10x points. I don't think anything would be changed since then.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:11 pm

Anyone knows if we get 10x on Amazon now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.