Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India Flying Returns - Major changes in FFP Program

Air India Flying Returns - Major changes in FFP Program

Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Bioflyer
I agree - Even I have done more than 50 upgrades through call center over the years - However, post latest FR changes now the call center guys are strongly insisting to visit city office and not helping at all over phone - Not even willing to quote the mile requirements even!
i've called twice since the changes & both times i was given the number of miles over the phone....
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:28 am

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
i've called twice since the changes & both times i was given the number of miles over the phone....
I called few weeks back for an upgrade. Agent 1 wasn't able to figure out the miles and promised a call back. I got a call within 30 mins but unfortunately missed it. I called again and Agent 2 was able to give me the exact miles required for the upgrade (was quoted 100% Y miles) as well as process the upgrade request.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 10:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Just got this in my email from AI, 40% discount on redemptions.
Attached Images   
Old Mar 16, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Anish
Just got this in my email from AI, 40% discount on redemptions.
Interesting, but valid for travel only till April 28th.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 3:06 am

Is this valid on upgrades as well?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by paag
Interesting, but valid for travel only till April 28th.
is 28th april the cutoff date for booking or travel????
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
is 28th april the cutoff date for booking or travel????
Travel..
Old Mar 17, 2016, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the discount doesn't seem to be available online....has anyone tried to make a booking????
Old Mar 17, 2016, 6:42 am

It was available a few hours back when I checked. Not sure about the current position. The travel should be from Mon through Thursday. Other days, full miles will be required.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:53 pm

Do miles flown on * partner airlines count towards status miles for tier upgrade/retention ?
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by manish83
Do miles flown on * partner airlines count towards status miles for tier upgrade/retention ?
If you mean you flew on *A partners and quoted AI FFP numbers in the ticket - then yes they would count towards your status req depending on fare class.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 1:27 am

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
Tried to come up with the number of miles required for upgrades from the recent Vienna emailer:

Economy to Business
  1. Y/B/M/H - 60%
  2. K/Q/V/W - 85%
  3. G/L/U - 100%
  4. T/S/E - 125%

Business to First
  1. C/D - 75%
  2. Z/J - 87.5%
Old May 1, 2016, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

realised this morning how much of a joke this frequent flyer program is....i was flying del-bbi this morning with a junior colleague from my office....while i make this trip about 25-30 times a year, my junior colleague does so every week....sometimes twice a week....

we were checking in together for an all economy flight & i got lounge access due to my status but my colleague did not....this surprised me as i always assumed he had status with the airline because of his extensive travel on ai on this route alone....

he told me he had base level status with ai despite having flown 108 flights on this route last year....not even silver....over a hundred flights with no status at all, because ai only awards status according to base miles flown & they give very little base miles on discounted fares, which is what he had been flying all year....with almost every other airline he would have had top status by now....

we had a good laugh about this & he told me he was going to switch to vistara from july onwards since they were now flying this route as well....atleast with them he would end up having top status based on this route alone....
Old May 1, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
realised this morning how much of a joke this frequent flyer program is....i was flying del-bbi this morning with a junior colleague from my office....while i make this trip about 25-30 times a year, my junior colleague does so every week....sometimes twice a week....

we were checking in together for an all economy flight & i got lounge access due to my status but my colleague did not....this surprised me as i always assumed he had status with the airline because of his extensive travel on ai on this route alone....

he told me he had base level status with ai despite having flown 108 flights on this route last year....not even silver....over a hundred flights with no status at all, because ai only awards status according to base miles flown & they give very little base miles on discounted fares, which is what he had been flying all year....with almost every other airline he would have had top status by now....

we had a good laugh about this & he told me he was going to switch to vistara from july onwards since they were now flying this route as well....atleast with them he would end up having top status based on this route alone....
The only reason I had shifted from Jet to AI was the mileage accrual on SBI Card, but that incentive seems to have gone now. I took 32 AI flights in last 6 months and half of them were in business - I still got downgraded from Silver to base.

I am so sick of Jet, especially from the horrific experience of redeeming on partner airlines, that I don't feel like accumulating 9W miles.

Prima facie, Club Vistara seems to to be miserly designed, but I could be wrong.Is there a dedicated thread for Vistara FFP - I couldn't find it on FT.
Old May 3, 2016, 10:40 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by tirajat
Is there a dedicated thread for Vistara FFP - I couldn't find it on FT.
I think you should start one then...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.