Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

JETAIRWAYS-Fall down kings: Open letter to Naresh Goyal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JETAIRWAYS-Fall down kings: Open letter to Naresh Goyal

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down JETAIRWAYS-Fall down kings: Open letter to Naresh Goyal

VEGETARIANS BEWARE OF JETAIRWAYS:
(Only option for vegetarians is Normal Chicken or spicy chicken on Toronto Brussels route)

Complaint against Rude, arrogant and abusive flight attendant Xxx of Jet airways ( Toronto- Brussels 9w229, 18th Sept 2015)

OPEN LETTER TO NARESH GOYAL.

Sep 24, 2015 at 1:22 AM,

Despite several attempts to contact their senior management, they are still hiding like rats. This complaint is not yet addressed or answered by Naresh Goyal or his team ever since Sept 24. 2015

Dear Mr. Naresh Goyal and team.

Sub : Horrible Experience and nightmare, Jet airways going very low/ substandard, Hurting sentiments and feeling of vegetarians.

9W 229 of September 18,2015 From Toronto

Couple of years ago I had high regards for Jetairways being vegetarian friendly and service oriented airline. But off late all of my last few experiences in past two years have been nightmares. This time also I chose your airline because I thought it is vegetarian friendly, But to my astonishment, it turned out to be another substandard/ low class airline and your attendant left no stone unturned to make it one such low class airline.

Here is narration of incidence:

1) I boarded flight from Toronto on 9W229 on 18 sep 2015, A lady at check-in confirmed that I will get vegetarian meal, She said vegetarian meal is default choice even without request, and with my past experience I believed it, being India based airline.

2) Besides this I updated my choice while booking on flighthub.com as well as on jetairways manage my booking- Not sure why it did not work in your system?

3) When I got in flight your flight attendant by name Ms. Xx came to me ( I was in first few rows seat 17) and asked me if I want normal Chicken or spicy chicken? I got shocked, She asked same thing to many other passengers who were vegetarians before me, including person seated next to me.

Her answer was that today they only have these choices. She was insisting on serving chicken to a professor next to my seat. He was vegetarian too and he refused. She tried to find fault with passenger that probably he changed his seat etc, or some other changes happend. Later she repeated same thing with me and few other customers in back rows. I understood that there is something fishy/ wrong and she is trying to put blame on most passengers who asked vegetarian claiming that either they did not opt for vegetarian. ( though vegetarian is usual default choice in jetairways). It is not suppose to be special meal like Vegan or Jain meal. We just asked for vegetarian.

When I questioned Ms. Xx she got furious and said what is wrong if you eat Chicken ? I asked do you expect everyone to eat chicken with their choice or without their choice, she aggressively replied "YES " I expect everyone to eat chicken , She said : why you are being so fussy. At this point I also became agressive and recorded all her conversation with other passengers in rows behind me. Another attendant by Momta apologized to me saying that today they had loading problem and there are no vegetarian meals for many. But Ms. Xx continued to be tricky with most ,who sought vegetarian and aggressively said - Chicken is only choice today, because you did not order for vegetarian..
I want to know -Do you call vegetarian as special meal ?, unless it is dietary restricted meal like vegan or Jain meal ?? When there are two choices for Chicken eaters why not even single choice for Vegetarians? I don't think this happened in past with your airline, You always had vegetarian as open choice. Why does she was insisting everyone to prebook INDIAN VEGETARIAN MEAL? Or off late you have only two open choices like Normal chicken and spicy chicken ? Or you were tyring to find escape route just because you didnot load vegetarian food? This is besides the point that I already had confirmation of vegetarian at the time of CHECK IN.

4) I had tough argument with Ms. Xx that she has no right to hurt feeling of passengers. She could have politely conveyed the loading problem or any other problem, or she could have offered us some replacement of fruit or bread or any such alternative without meat , but she was pushing chicken to people just because airline had a problem. She was point blank trying to hide problems of Airline , trying to escape and had no intention to help passengers. More than doing good , she hurted my feeling being a born vegetarian- She said I expect everyone to eat chicken ( voice recorded) , What is her business to use such strong words ? Naresh did you not train her ? Are you trying to make me understand that it is typical tradition were arrogancy and dishonesty is part of doing job? Though it is quite common in Govt jobs, but I did not expect with private companies.

5) I understand Mr. Naresh Goyal, Problems do happen, but you have to understand that this is India based airline and many vegetarian travel without any dietary restrictions. Your staff could have politely handled the matter by offering some other alternative, but not by aggravating the matter by ridiculing passengers and hurting their feeling.

Now issue is more about hurting our feeling and sentiments. The professor next to me was treated same way ( Mr. Xx) and few other passengers in rows behind me by Ms. Xx, While xx was quite polite and apologizing on behalf of Ms. Xx. I learned that Ms. Xx is supervisor.

6) Ms. Xx has no business to play such dirty games, unless airlines has taught them escape routes in such events where not enough vegetarian food is loaded.. She has no business to suggest us what to eat and what to not?

7) She has completely scared away people who had good faith and were loyal to jetairways... I am sure this matter will further aggravate with a warning bell to the vegetarian community in Bombay, Brussels, Antwerp and even in Toronto and beyond. I will be left with no choice to inform my community about such incidence , to be careful with falling standards of jetairways and their staff behave like rogues just to save themselves on such occassions.

8) Ms. Xx and Xx served everyone, I was starving and I was offered some crew food after two hours of everyone being served by xx. Besides Ms. Xx warned me that If I make this matter big she will see that in Brussels ( I was only questioning her wrong stand) , it was indirect warning to me and others who raised voice to shut. I did not expect such horrifying nightmare experience Mr. Naresh goyal.

I will be doing good service to vegetarian community and Jain community across the world by publishing and bringing this matter to court of justice and/ or to media . I have already discussed this matter with my legal advisors, simulataneously bringing this fact to vegetarian community through various social media channels.

Apart from this my last two experiences with your airlines were almost similar, on two occassions my bagges were completely smashed ( from HKG to BLR) and once in last year. However once baggage was replaced with cheap option, that too when I warned your BLR office with action.

Mr. Naresh Goyal I can confirm that now your standards are falling down, your flight attendants are typically behaving like Indian govt servants ( even Air india has revamped their services) , and arrogancy is penetrating in most of your ground and onboad crew. Mr. Naresh I did not expect such treatment from Ms. Harman, forget about food, but more than that she hurted feelings of vegetarian community, she insulted passengers for being vegetarian , for that I see no reason to not take you legal, unless you are willing to offer public apology to Jains and vegetarian community.

I hope you take this email as final friendly warning and red alert for you to take this matter seriously and fix it besides apologizing along with Ms. Xx.

However this matter will subsequently be reported to media with recorded voice, and threat Ms. Xx made to us will be dealt with it if suggested by my legal advisors. I hope you realize this before it turns into further liablity. This matter was also informed to your Brussels Airport staff, but it was unheard, as matter was pretty much known and seems it is usual practice of airline. Best part is that your crew has no respect and regards for the sentiments probably because they are meat eaters.

Mr. Naresh goyal don't expect everyone to eat dead bodies/ bones/birds/pigs, as Ms. Xx expected. Take this mail as pinch of salt and wake up, if not the day will not be far when people will think twice to enjoy your so called hospitality. I am sure you want to bring this airline to greater height, but it will not happen with people like Ms. Harman, you will end up putting it in list of world's worst airlines. Choice is your Naresh .. I am sure I will see you once to make you understand.

ONE MR. KARMA WITHING OF JETAIRWAYS CALLING ME EVERYTIME AND SAYING SOMEONE WILL RESOLVE THIS ISSUE, BUT HE IS LIEING ON TOP OF HIS CAPABILITY.

Regards

Last edited by AJLondon; Nov 18, 2015 at 8:15 pm Reason: Mod edit - removed personal information
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down Jetairways scamming passengers- Refuse to change date.

e-ticket # 589[redacted] Booking Reference (PNR): [redacted]

Due to issues and nighmares with my outward flight 9w229 on 18th sept 2015 from Toronto to Brussels and to India, I wanted my return flight to be postponed till the issue gets resolved.

my issues not addressed http://jetairways-sucks.blogspot.in/

So I called Jetairways reservation and was on phone for more than 40 minutes, but to my astonishment jetairways lied to me about the ticket availability ( date change). A lady in reservation said there is no ticket available from India to Toronto in any flight for me to change new date ( though one free change is available) . At one point she said I can get new date of 30th April 2015, when I said okay, she took U turn. ..
Then I asked why, she did not give proper reply, I asked for any available date, as I was very flexible to get any date in 5 months with any class, any route, just to hold this ticket for certain reasons. However at present to travel in December 2015, I am buying another ticket ( after holding jet airways ticket for Dec 10, 2015) just to avoid jet airways until they resolve my current complaint.

I just wanted this ticket to be on hold till the time my issue gets addressed by Mr. Naresh goyal as per my letter and notice to him on 24th Sept 2015 which is not yet been answered. http://jetairways-sucks.blogspot.in/

I wonder how can a flight be full before 5 months , for which they do not have ticket in the month of march 2015, april 2015, may 2015 or june 2015. When I saw online plenty of tickets are available both ways for less than 1100 Canadian $ ( approximately 55000 INR) .

How can this airline lie so much . I think Naresh Goyal has really lost control over this shady airline, ( once it was good airline).

Now this airline due to complete lack of customer service is going to dogs.

Last edited by oliver2002; Nov 16, 2015 at 4:03 pm Reason: redacted personal info
Old Nov 16, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Don't know how Indian airlines classify it, and being Indian I'd expect vegetarian meals to be a standard offering (though limited in amount just as all other options). On almost all airlines vegetarian is indeed a special meal to be booked >24 hours in advance.

Until recently I spent my whole life as vegetarian travelling frequently on LH/SAA and always pre-booked vegetarian meals.

Also free date change doesn't mean you won't pay anything. Fare difference will apply, just the service charge is waived, the agent might've meant there is no availability in the same fare class.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
whether i'm traveling on jet airwars or any other airline, i always make it a point to book my special meal before getting on the flight....if it doesn't work online then i call & get it done....

while there is no reason for the flight attendant to have been rude, i do understand that sometimes airlines run out of specific meals, especially since you did not order one beforehand....expecting jet airways to change your ticket without charging the fare difference is an unreasonable expectation....
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:25 am

Your complaint should be sent to the CEO of Jet. i doubt they pay much attention to a blog.

I would shorten your letter to three short paragraphs if you want anyone to pay attention.

I think it is a very valid complaint - any carrier to India should have sufficient veg meals loaded. A non-veg can always eat a veg meal buut not the other way around.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:33 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by erik123
any carrier to India should have sufficient veg meals loaded.
IMHO, if one HAS to have a vegetarian (or any other special meal), it should be pre-ordered. If not, then it really is the luck of the roulette. Especially in the economy cabin.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AJLondon
IMHO, if one HAS to have a vegetarian (or any other special meal), it should be pre-ordered. If not, then it really is the luck of the roulette. Especially in the economy cabin.
Guys, if you read correctly and know the facts ( if not fyi see below ):

1) Vegetarian meals in Jet airways is not special meal
2) Indian vegetarian and non-vegetarian is open choice in any of Jetairways flights.
3) Despite that I had confirmed vegetarian ( not special) at the time of check in and even on my occassions.
4) Many other confirmed vegetarian passengers in this flight did not get vegetarian.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
whether i'm traveling on jet airwars or any other airline, i always make it a point to book my special meal before getting on the flight....if it doesn't work online then i call & get it done....

while there is no reason for the flight attendant to have been rude, i do understand that sometimes airlines run out of specific meals, especially since you did not order one beforehand....expecting jet airways to change your ticket without charging the fare difference is an unreasonable expectation....
it is not specific meal. It is open choice in jetairways to have vegetarian ( indian style and non vegetarian ( indian style) ,

I fly 20 times in a year, so I know what I am talking and how I take care of my vegetarian diet ( not special).

Answer to your second question: ( this is after 2 months Naresh goyal and his team did not respond)
---------------------

I asked Jetairways to put my ticket on any date in next 6 months, but they don't have any thing available .. Can you believe this ? it is scam., How can no seat available for next 6 months for any clas, any route ? ( I offered to pay difference)

Well I wanted my ticket to be on future dates ( however I am travelling my return journey by some other airline to Toronto with new ticket) , I don't want to travel by Jetairways till they fix their issues..( it is scary that some of their staff are near criminals , abusive) . keeping this ticket just for future travelling, if at all Mr. Naresh Goyal addresses this issue in good faith, if not there are legal means and wait till its outcome.

It was not only me in flight from Toronto to India, but many other vegetarian passengers did not get their food.

If there are two choices Spicky chicken and normal chicken for non-vegetarians why not single choice for vegetarian which is also default choice.

I think many readers forgot to read complete story before commenting- Airline flight attendants ( Ms. xx) agreed that they had wrong loading of food.

My strife with airline is that they apologize and address the issues of Ms. Xx yelling , threatening passengers, besides forcing people to go to chicken just to avoid bad name of NO FOOD...because people cannot starve for 10 hours flight. Her intention were probably good , but not as good ,for people who are born vegetarians. How she can expect people to eat chicken who never ate in their life.

I wish Naresh Goyal will address this concern sooner or later by all means. If not now later in court of law.

Last edited by AJLondon; Nov 18, 2015 at 8:18 pm Reason: Mod edit - removal personal info
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:27 am

Take a chill pill dude. One sucky FA shouldn't tarnish your view of the entire airline forever, if you have travelled 20 times this year with Jet and the other flights were fine.

Also pretty sure one isn't born vegetarian (or non-vegetarian).

What happened sucks, get over it, move on. In the rest of the world veg meals are special order items, yes, an Indian airline should have it as a standard option for cultural/religious reasons, but even then it doesn't guarantee sufficient veg meals for all veg pax if there's an over-representation of vegetarians.

Also are you telling me there isn't a 2nd meal service on the flight? You've not mentioned if there was a veg option on that meal service. a 10 hour flight would almost certainly have two meal services, even if it was just a snack/breakfast. So you wouldn't have starved the entire 10 hours as you proclaim.

Lastly, the FAs are there for your safety, not to feed you. They should do it with a smile, but that's not the priority.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Take a chill pill dude. One sucky FA shouldn't tarnish your view of the entire airline forever, if you have travelled 20 times this year with Jet and the other flights were fine.

Also pretty sure one isn't born vegetarian (or non-vegetarian).

What happened sucks, get over it, move on. In the rest of the world veg meals are special order items, yes, an Indian airline should have it as a standard option for cultural/religious reasons, but even then it doesn't guarantee sufficient veg meals for all veg pax if there's an over-representation of vegetarians.

Also are you telling me there isn't a 2nd meal service on the flight? You've not mentioned if there was a veg option on that meal service. a 10 hour flight would almost certainly have two meal services, even if it was just a snack/breakfast. So you wouldn't have starved the entire 10 hours as you proclaim.

Lastly, the FAs are there for your safety, not to feed you. They should do it with a smile, but that's not the priority.
I think you are just bumping without reading original letter. Presuming too many things at a time, Looks like you have read few top lines of my letter and rest you are just cooking to your convenience,
Read completely.

I think I can neglect you for now.

Don't show your intelligence.

Did I tell you I travelled 20 times by jet airways.

Do you think people are vegetarian for religious and culture reasons alone ???? I am born vegetarian irrespective or any religious or cultural reason. There are millions of vegetarian for purely ethical reason. Any ways, I think I should should neglect over intellingent people like you.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:54 pm

I read your entire letter as you might have noticed from my first reply to your thread. You didn't say you travelled by Jet 20 times but your proclaimed knowledge of Jet's meal policy implies the same, what would be the point of stating it otherwise. If you travel 20 time on Indigo with no meal service it would be entirely irrelevant information.

As was said before, if you HAVE to have a certain meal, order it.

Not just are vegetarian meals classified as special meals with Jet, they even have 4 types of veg special meal (excluding vegan and religious choices): http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/JetE...ce/Dining.aspx

You ignored my comment about the second meal, did you get a breakfast or not? Clearly you didn't read my post. I didn't say you were vegetarians for religious or cultural reasons, I said those are the reasons an Indian airline should definitely have such a meal as a default choice. Keep in mind also you were travelling a 5th freedom flight, possibly with a default demographic less inclined towards vegetarians meals resulting in fewer being loaded.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:39 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, HHonors Gold
Me and My Wife were flying and we forgot to select Veg Option while check in. As luck would have it, Veg meal was over by the time the FA reached our seat to serve. I am a non vegetarian so no problem for me whereas my wife is a complete vegetarian. The FA apologized when she heard my wife cant have non veg food. She brought her a special plate with extra bread, cookies, salad, lots of fruits and obviously juices. The crux here is to go with the flow. How many times did you keep a fast? How many times did you just eat fruits in the whole day in you normal daily life? I am not suggesting here that whatever happened is quite normal but its just one of those days where it happens.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rajdeep181
Me and My Wife were flying and we forgot to select Veg Option while check in. As luck would have it, Veg meal was over by the time the FA reached our seat to serve. I am a non vegetarian so no problem for me whereas my wife is a complete vegetarian. The FA apologized when she heard my wife cant have non veg food. She brought her a special plate with extra bread, cookies, salad, lots of fruits and obviously juices. The crux here is to go with the flow. How many times did you keep a fast? How many times did you just eat fruits in the whole day in you normal daily life? I am not suggesting here that whatever happened is quite normal but its just one of those days where it happens.

it is not normal, Many passengers in same flight in just 3 rows had same fate.
There was no alternative, besides Ms. Xx FA was rude and abusive, apart from threatening passengers. It is not the case of me alone but many others.
Yes junior FA was quite polite and gentle, where as Ms. Xx supervisor she was rude with everyone and asked vegetarians, what is wrong if they eat chicken. Honestly on that flight there were many vegetarians who were starving or fed with mere bread or fruits.

All that I want is that jetairways takes responsibility and reply in official manner which they failed. Probably they will wake up once I drag them to court. More than food they hurted our sentiments and ridiculed passengers. That lady by name Ms. Xx needs to be held responsible and I expect suitable action on such incidences.

Last edited by AJLondon; Nov 18, 2015 at 8:19 pm Reason: Removed personal info
Old Nov 18, 2015, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by indiabust
it is not specific meal. It is open choice in jetairways to have vegetarian ( indian style and non vegetarian ( indian style)
it is a special meal....you may think that it is open choice but it is not....if you want a specific meal then you have to order it beforehand....then there are less chances of something going wrong....if you ordered it & it didn't load on the airline's system then yes that is the fault of the airline....but things like this happen....don't let one bad experience or one bad flight attendant put you off an airline....

Originally Posted by indiabust
I fly 20 times in a year, so I know what I am talking and how I take care of my vegetarian diet ( not special).
i fly over 100 times a year & i've faced problems with a number of airlines....if i simply stopped traveling with them then pretty soon i would have no airline left to travel on....
Old Nov 18, 2015, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rajdeep181
I am not suggesting here that whatever happened is quite normal but its just one of those days where it happens.
exactly....$h!t happens....there are more important things in life....move on....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.