Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HYD DOM-INT Connection. Separate ticket.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

I will be travelling IDR-HYD on 6E reaching HYD around 2pm with checked luggage. My onward flight(separate ticket) on EY is HYD-AUH-ORD departing at 10 pm. I am EY Gold and hopefully have access to lounge at HYD. Can anyone please answer following questions -

1. I understand I won't be able to through check my luggage at IDR, but do I need to exit the terminal to collect baggage or is there a baggage collection and transfer desk for EY that will eliminate need to clear security again?

2. Either at transfer desk or going out and coming back in - would I be allowed to check in/enter that early (around 7 hours before flight departure?

3. Assuming EY would provide me lounge access at HYD, is there any time limit on how long I can be in the lounge, as it is third party operated?

Finally - any suggestion to handle the transit with minimal hassle and access lounge?

Last edited by DeepSky; Oct 7, 2015 at 12:36 pm Reason: Typo
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by DeepSky
I will be travelling IDR-HYD on 6E reaching HYD around 2pm with checked luggage. My onward flight(separate ticket) on EY is HYD-AUH-ORD departing at 10 pm. I am EY Gold and hopefully have access to lounge at HYD. Can anyone please answer following questions -

1. I understand I won't be able to through check my luggage at IDR, but do I need to exit the terminal to collect baggage or is there a baggage collection and transfer desk for EY that will eliminate need to clear security again?

2. Either at transfer desk or going out and coming back in - would I be allowed to check in/enter that early (around 7 hours before flight departure?

3. Assuming EY would provide me lounge access at HYD, is there any time limit on how long I can be in the lounge, as it is third party operated?

Finally - any suggestion to handle the transit with minimal hassle and access lounge?
1. From my experience, you will have to collect the baggage and exit the terminal. The dom and international terminal are in the same building, you wouldn't even have to walk much (arrivals is on the first floor whereas departure is on the top)

2. For international flights, you will be allowed in very early if you have no check-in baggage. Check-in counter usually open 4 hours prior departure for international flights. If you do not have check-in luggage and the guards do not allow you in citing that it is too early, you can always say you have lounge access and I have to work. I use this trick. If you have check-in baggage and the counters haven't opened yet, you can spend some time in Plaza Premium Transit Hotel Lounge which is outside the terminal building (accessible with many credit cards, 3 hours max)

3. For credit card access, 3 hours is the upper limit. If you are travelling in J they might be okay with you staying for a longer time (Provided you check in early)
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Either at transfer desk or going out and coming back in - would I be allowed to check in/enter that early (around 7 hours before flight departure?
you will have to collect your bags & then go through security again to enter the international terminal....its unlikely they will allow you into the building 7-8 hours before your flight but even if they do, you won't be able to check in with ey as the counters will only open about 3-4 hours before the flight....
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Last question - If they don't allow me inside terminal, is the left luggage facility still accessible to leave the luggage and head out to city for a bit. I am thinking Biryani
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:09 pm

Thanks for the replies. Last question - If they don't allow me inside terminal, is the left luggage facility still accessible to leave the luggage and head out to city for a bit. I am thinking Biryani
From airport to the city centre (lakdikapul area) budget around an hour. You ll find nice biriyani places. Not sure about the left luggage facility. You can call the airport call center and ask

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.