Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways Baggage Allowance with Etihad Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways Baggage Allowance with Etihad Status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
I got the extra 15kgs, priority baggage and lounge access with my Alitalia Gold card, but it took the check in agent 15 minutes and two phone calls to confirm this as she had never seen an Alitalia card before and didn't know if it was eligible. Had to show her the 9W information on the Alitalia website before she even entertained checking with a supervisor.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
I got the extra 15kgs, priority baggage and lounge access with my Alitalia Gold card, but it took the check in agent 15 minutes and two phone calls to confirm this as she had never seen an Alitalia card before and didn't know if it was eligible. Had to show her the 9W information on the Alitalia website before she even entertained checking with a supervisor.
Thanks for the update....lets see how it goes for me...!!
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by sunnyzip
Thanks for the update....lets see how it goes for me...!!
Take a printout of the Jet or Alitalia websites if you can. Help speed things along. I noticed it mentioned Alitalia as a partner in the 9W in flight magazine but forgot to take a photo of this!
Old Nov 6, 2015, 2:05 am

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP
update....check in at HKG...the staff refused any benefits for both Alitalia and Airberlin gold. but i guess they are not jet staff at hkg. i didn't need the extra luggage and i had priority pass anyways. At BOM checkin for domestic flight...the check in staff didn't confirm anything but told me to check with lounge staff. at lounge she accepted my Alitalia card for access for myself and spouse. the carnations lounge is horrible...so came out in 5 mins. when priority boarding started. ..i was allowed with my Airberlin card. So i guess domestic staff has some info about this...but nothing standard...depends on individual staff. keeping printouts does help...otherwise they just refuse.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 6:06 pm

update....check in at HKG...the staff refused any benefits for both Alitalia and Airberlin gold. but i guess they are not jet staff at hkg. i didn't need the extra luggage and i had priority pass anyways. At BOM checkin for domestic flight...the check in staff didn't confirm anything but told me to check with lounge staff. at lounge she accepted my Alitalia card for access for myself and spouse. the carnations lounge is horrible...so came out in 5 mins. when priority boarding started. ..i was allowed with my Airberlin card. So i guess domestic staff has some info about this...but nothing standard...depends on individual staff. keeping printouts does help...otherwise they just refuse.
That isn't really an acceptable situation in my opinion. How can staff at a major gateway such as HKG not know who Jet is partnered with and who it isn't? It isn't exactly a long list. What is the point of even having Etihad Airways Partners if the airlines within the group don't even know who the other members are?!
Old Nov 7, 2015, 2:39 am

to be fair...check in staff at HKG said they are not from jet airways...however there was 1 guy from jet air present as a supervisor...he was pretty rude when asked about the lounge. ..flatly refused first...when I showed him the printout...said only apllicable to domestic lounges only...didn't call anyone even when I requested. ..just said no for any benefits. It is wierd as lounge staff at BOM confirmed about lounge access with Alitalia gold...but not with AB.
I hope there is a jet airways document somewhere detailing the benefits.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 5:52 am

I hope there is a jet airways document somewhere detailing the benefits.
There is, but they simply ignore it anyway. This is not an isolated issue.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...s-flights.html
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Virgin Flying Club Red; IHG Spire
Had issues in Mumbai flying domestically but perseverance for 15 minutes and a print out from the Alitalia website eventually sorted out the situation (albeit not with enough time to see the lounge). They thought I was trying to pull a fast one....

Flying again tomorrow with more than 15kg baggage each so will see what happens but if Mumbai didn't know I'm sure a local airport won't...

Originally Posted by B747-437B
There is, but they simply ignore it anyway. This is not an isolated issue.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...s-flights.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.