Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance lounges in Delhi and Mumbai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance lounges in Delhi and Mumbai

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Looking forward to the SQ lounge in DEL, looks like it opens at 630pm, just in time for my 9pm departure. I will be stuck in AI lounge all day since I can't get a response from the transit hotel for a day rate. Are the AI and SQ lounges near each other? I might bounce between them all and Plaza Premium during my 10 hour transfer.
Why dont you just book online or call them up ? Would be much better than shutting between lounges.

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpres...ax/hoteldetail
Old Feb 17, 2017, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123
Why dont you just book online or call them up ? Would be much better than shutting between lounges.

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpres...ax/hoteldetail
You can't book online for a day rate, and no one picks up the line when I call. I guess I can do a walk-up rate, but hate being overcharged for not booking in advance. Will keep trying!
Old Feb 17, 2017, 3:55 am

You can't book online for a day rate, and no one picks up the line when I call. I guess I can do a walk-up rate, but hate being overcharged for not booking in advance. Will keep trying!
Maybe try dropping them an email or call up the IHG central booking line ?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123
Maybe try dropping them an email or call up the IHG central booking line ?
Thanks, Ive tried three emails!
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Looking forward to the SQ lounge in DEL, looks like it opens at 630pm, just in time for my 9pm departure. I will be stuck in AI lounge all day since I can't get a response from the transit hotel for a day rate. Are the AI and SQ lounges near each other? I might bounce between them all and Plaza Premium during my 10 hour transfer.
For those many hours, I would exit and find a airport hotel..There are many
in the area...

Good Luck !
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Deleted
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyalways
For those many hours, I would exit and find a airport hotel..There are many
in the area...

Good Luck !
Thanks, but I dont have a visa
Old Feb 18, 2017, 1:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
*A Lounge hopping in DEL gets rather stale after 1-2 h. Been there a few times with 3-4h layovers the last year...��
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Thanks, but I dont have a visa
There is Visa on Arrival if you are from certain countries..
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

Believe me...you will not be able to spend more than couple of hours
in the airport lounges...They are not that great !

Good Luck...
Old May 22, 2017, 3:50 am

Arriving MUM by Air Canada at night, connecting to CCU in the morning

Hi,

I am a Star Alliance Gold (United 1K) and am arriving in Mumbai at 10:30 PM, connecting to Kolkata in the morning @ 6:10 AM. I have my son travelling with me. Do I get lounge access for spending a few hours overnight. If not, what other options do I have. Any thoughts / guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sanjib
Old May 23, 2017, 12:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

AI will give you longe access to the GVK lounge as *G for the both of you. The chekin counter opens only at 2am though.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Does anyone know what the lounge access is for *G AI Y passenger flying BOM-DEL on AI101 (continues to JFK)?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:06 pm

Same thing, only you will have access to the MALS lounge on the intl side, pass issued at checkin.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
what is the best lounge for 6 hr layover, flying in from swiss zuc(business) to del at 12:15amand continuing to amd @6:30am
Old Nov 16, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA GS, MR TE, HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Avis PC
Looking for some advice here. My family and I (4 pax) are connecting from a DOM Vistara flight (CCU - DEL) to INTL UA flight (DEL - EWR) with a layover of 6 hours in DEL. We are all Polaris class. I think that gives us choice amongst any of the *G lounges in DEL T3 intl. My question is which lounge is the nicest and least crowded among my options - LH, SQ, AI & PP? From what I read so far here, PP is probably the worst and I am assuming that the LH and SQ are the top 2? Our layover is from 5:45pm - 11:45pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.