Wiki Posts
Search

AI to MXP compensation

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
AI to MXP compensation

My brothers flight from Del to MXP, on 3rd of this month has been delayed by about 6 hours, from recent data it seems the flight should get even more delayed and the total delay should be 9 hours. Is there any compensation he can claim from Air Inda? Where and to whom should he write? Also what should a reasonable compensation?

On a side note he tried to catch the day earlier flight but the airport office couldn't reserve a seat for him citing flight as closed about 8 hours before rescheduled departure. So much for AI IT systems.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
My brothers flight from Del to MXP, on 3rd of this month has been delayed by about 6 hours, from recent data it seems the flight should get even more delayed and the total delay should be 9 hours.
Appears the situation will deteriorate further as there are reports about 30 Dreamliner pilots resigning from AI.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:52 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
EU261/04 doesn't apply since its a non-EU carrier flying to the EU.

But you can ask for delay comp via the DGCA: http://www.dgca.nic.in/kyrdgca/KYR_portal.html
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Also what should a reasonable compensation?
what kind of compensation is he looking for????

my brother's vs flight from jfk-lhr-del was delayed by over 19 hours....they put him up at a hotel & got him on another flight later that day to get him to del....he considered that compensation enough....
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:50 am
Original Poster

He was given eaton hotel access for the duration the flight was delayed. But he has missed one night of hotel due to the delay. Will AI refund the one night hotel or maybe some miles instead or upgrade him to J on his return flight. Not a regular traveler he is open to what maybe a reasonable compensation for the delay.

Originally Posted by Keyser
what kind of compensation is he looking for????

my brother's vs flight from jfk-lhr-del was delayed by over 19 hours....they put him up at a hotel & got him on another flight later that day to get him to del....he considered that compensation enough....
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
He was given eaton hotel access for the duration the flight was delayed. But he has missed one night of hotel due to the delay. Will AI refund the one night hotel or maybe some miles instead or upgrade him to J on his return flight. Not a regular traveler he is open to what maybe a reasonable compensation for the delay.
its unlikely that ai would do anything else....there is no harm in asking for all the above....
Old Sep 5, 2015, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Can someone suggest whom he should email to.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
EU261/04 doesn't apply since its a non-EU carrier flying to the EU.

But you can ask for delay comp via the DGCA: http://www.dgca.nic.in/kyrdgca/KYR_portal.html
Thanks for this information. I did not know until today that this regulation does not apply to a non-EU carrier.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 3:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by gt0138d
Thanks for this information. I did not know until today that this regulation does not apply to a non-EU carrier.
The non-EU carrier is only relevant flying to the EU, not from the EU.

All flights leaving from EU airports generally fall under EU Regulation 261/2004 and therefore, if applicable, entitle you to compensation.

In addition, all flights destined for Europe that are performed by EU carriers are likewise included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.