Disgusting Jet Airways

Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down Disgusting Jet Airways

I never expected this poor level of response from Jet Airways. We were booked to travel internationally and a bereavement of one of the passengers unfortunately destroyed our entire plans. A polite letter along with the official documents backed by emails form the local office meant nothing to the administration of Jet and they continued with the cancellation policy without any feelings or consideration on compassionate grounds. Worse still it is more than 1 month and no refund ever came. An official email sent received a shameless reply acknowledging that they had "TOTALLY FORGOTTEN IT" and will restart the process. I don't think any airline would ever stoop to such a level of lack of compassion or assistance. A lesson well learnt as this was going to be our first time in Jet and proves to us never to travel with this lousy company.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
a shameless reply
When booking the tickets in the first, I would assume you have accepted the refund conditions of the fare.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:40 am

Sorry for your loss. Most standard fares allow a full refund in case of death or illness of passenger or a close family member. If not a close family member it might get a bit more difficult, I suggest reading the fare rules carefully (ask for it) and escalating this to a supervisor.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down

Thats exactly what I did and sadly it was one of the passengers on the booking! There was absolutely no response even in spite of supporting documents and emails from the town offices requesting Jet main office to sort it out. Worse still was the fact that they "forgot to process the refund"!!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
Originally Posted by warakorn
When booking the tickets in the first, I would assume you have accepted the refund conditions of the fare.
I'm not sure the person who died would have considered that aspect of the refund conditions.

A refund when one of the travelling party has died would be the norm with any major airline.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
a couple of years ago jet refunded the entire fare for all 8 members of my traveling party when one passenger passed away....this was a domestic fare though so i don't know if the same would apply to international as well....

jet has deteriorated in customer service over the last few years so i'm not surprised to read something like this....completely unprofessional....
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
a couple of years ago jet refunded the entire fare for all 8 members of my traveling party when one passenger passed away....this was a domestic fare though so i don't know if the same would apply to international as well....

jet has deteriorated in customer service over the last few years so i'm not surprised to read something like this....completely unprofessional....
Indeed utterly unprofessional as until now not even a note of apology or anything like that. And to mention that they "forgot the refund" is something I haven't heard anywhere..
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by sumayya
And to mention that they "forgot the refund" is something I haven't heard anywhere..
it happens....virgin atlantic did the same thing to me earlier this year....i cancelled an infant ticket & 6 weeks later still hadn't received the refund....when i called back i was informed that the refund note had been put on the reservation but they forgot to process it....i finally got the refund 3-4 days later....
Old Sep 7, 2015, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Human beings make mistakes. It's hard when it comes in the face of a family death.

I once wrote a scathing letter to United after a fiasco. I got a call from a member in their executive office.

Long story short, that person and I are now friends. And I realized that even big corporations have human beings with souls who press the buttons. And again, humans make mistakes.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
In a similar situation, my family got the money back thanks to the travel insurance the deceased relative had.

To be quite honest, it did not even occur to us that the airline (SK in this case) would be supposed to refund the ticket price - the situation was not the airline's fault.

Perhaps travel insurance is the solution?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.