Spicejet Fleet

Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Blas..
Spicejet Fleet

Just came across the new routes announced by Spicejet today - while trying to scroll through their website - I saw Airbus 150 seater as A/C type listed for SG162/163 between AMD/BOM

Now as far as I am aware SG only operates a mix of B737-800/900 and Bombardier - so what is the mention of airbus doing on their website? Any idea?

Also the large introduction of almost 137 new connections to their existing stations demand A/C - so is it that they are getting A320s?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Its actually an A319, wet leased from Czech Republic’s CSA Czech Airline. I believe they are shortly getting a second one. The leasing airline supplies the crew too, when its wet-leased.
This is partly as a stop-gap solution till their whole 737 fleet is airworthy, which it isn't at the moment. They cannibalized some of their 737s for parts when their finances were in the red.

Here's the aircraft at CSIA:

http://img.planespotters.net/photo/6...Net_627759.jpg

Last edited by oliver2002; Aug 13, 2015 at 4:51 am Reason: too large image
Old Aug 13, 2015, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
interesting to see this turnaround after they were in danger of going under not so long ago....
Old Aug 13, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Here's a very detailed article about Spicejet's performance in the last financial quarter, if anyone's interested:

http://theflyingengineer.com/2015/08...-for-spicejet/
Old Aug 16, 2015, 12:20 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Keyser
interesting to see this turnaround after they were in danger of going under not so long ago....
Certainly very interesting how their fortunes change so quickly

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.