Wiki Posts
Search

Air India sandwich

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite
Air India sandwich

I wanted to share the picture of a sandwich I had on Air India. Disclosure: this is from 2014, ORD-DEL. I took a bite and realized there was something wrong with the sandwich: it had nothing in it - no butter, no mayo, not anything except half a slice of a cucumber, which clearly wanted to end its miserable life.

Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:44 pm

Wow, so non-appetizing,
Thank you Govt of India. Let this airline die or privatize it.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

I also had to hold my headphones plugged into the jack at a certain angle for the entire duration of the flight so that they'd work Loose jack, and the entertainment system had to be restarted, so their maps and distance/time stats were wrong for almost the entire duration of the flight.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA.AV
One of the worst airlines in the world!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:20 pm

Programs: *gold, SPG Platinum, Amex Centurian, IHG Royal whatever, Emerald one world whatever
oh boy

thats hillarious. they should apply for a concession stand in Edinburgh!

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/0...ch-goes-viral/
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: QF
Another airline on my no fly list, even if I do want to visit India.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Sorry, when I saw that I immediately thought of the term "sh!t sandwich."
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:23 pm

I am not surprised by the fact that this happened on Air India. The loose jack and all the broken seats is something I have encountered across their fleet in fact even on the brand new 787's also. Its a pity that the airline's service standards have fallen so much ever since its heydays.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:21 am

What can we expect from Air India when ministers and babus are managing this airline. Last I traveled in business class from BOM-DEL in J back in April everyone except me was an Air India employ in the J cabin.
All of them were getting much better service than me even though I was the only paying customer.

Originally Posted by planensimple
I am not surprised by the fact that this happened on Air India. The loose jack and all the broken seats is something I have encountered across their fleet in fact even on the brand new 787's also. Its a pity that the airline's service standards have fallen so much ever since its heydays.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
such a shame....good food on ai was the one thing i could usually rely on in the past....but my last few international flights have had mediocre food....
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:42 am

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by Cymbo
One of the worst airlines in the world!
Wow, worse than United? That would be a hard to fathom!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:44 am
Original Poster

I'm not much familiar with airline catering operations but I assume a flight out of Chicago is being catered out of Chicago. If so, I'm surprised that they are making food at that level of quality - I'd assume there would be some minimum standards.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by flyer31
What can we expect from Air India when ministers and babus are managing this airline. Last I traveled in business class from BOM-DEL in J back in April everyone except me was an Air India employ in the J cabin.
All of them were getting much better service than me even though I was the only paying customer.
Exactly, check this piece and it will detail how the malaise has spread so far http://www.asianage.com/columnists/m...a-republic-033

i agree with the writer that they should shut it down and start a new one that's free of the unwanted baggage and without government meddling.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by IainC
Wow, worse than United? That would be a hard to fathom!
having flown both on a regular basis, i can safely say united is far worse....
Old Jul 9, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Disgusting.

But plenty good enough for the modern Star Alliance ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.