Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Airline changed flight and now wants to cancel my ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2015, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

I have bought business class fare from LAX to Brussels at good discount through expedia. First leg is AA, then Jet Airways, and returning back on Jet airways and AC.
Now AA changed the flight and I only have 1 hour layover in toronto. Jet airways says it is not enough layover time and the only option gives me either refund or travel 10 days later.
There is a flight on AC from LAX that would work well for me, but Jet airways does not want to change it to AC, they say they don't have this option.
My question is, what are my rights? I already booked hotel, and I can't travel on other days due to work. This is my family vacation and we really looked forward to this, but now it becomes a big mess.
If I cancel there are no flights that are even close in prices to what we paid. Everything else is at least 25% more in price.
Please help. Thanks
Old Jun 28, 2015, 11:30 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Contact Expedia for help. They may be able to pull some strings that you otherwise would not be able to do by contacting the airlines directly.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, I already talked to expedia, and they called both AA and Jet airways and could not offer me anything other then refund or another travel day. Do I have any rights when this happens, or no cancellation policy only works against passenger, and airline is not responsible for anything?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 12:43 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
as I see it, Jet Airways is not going to be able to do much for you. who is your issuing carrier? AA or 9W? The issuing carrier will be able to make a difference to your ticket, and everyone else will just receive the intimation from them.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
try getting in touch with aa yourself to see if they can put you on an earlier flight....
Old Jun 29, 2015, 1:05 pm

When is the flight?

Are there any options on AA that would be OK? It pays to request a specific flight.

At Expedia you have to ask for a supervisor immediately. Front line staff are useless.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:41 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by A2A
as I see it, Jet Airways is not going to be able to do much for you. who is your issuing carrier? AA or 9W? The issuing carrier will be able to make a difference to your ticket, and everyone else will just receive the intimation from them.
Agreed - you need to identify the issuing carrier stock which may be found in the first three numbers on the actual ticket. Based on there, you can get expedia or the issuing carrier to work some magic.

Based on an involuntary schedule change, you should have any fees waived. You can also check the tarrifs to find out what compensation, if any, you are owed. There is not likely to be much due based on a change like this I would think.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Originally Posted by A2A
This is correct, though you will need to connect to the airline through Expedia.

I recently flew to Manila through HKG and the BOM-HKG flight was delayed by 7 hours, which obviously meant missing onward connection from HKG to MNL. I called up Yatra (online TA through which I booked) and the agent took 9W staff on a concall. I asked 9W staff to change my routing from BOM-HKG to BOM-SIN. They agreed to this but for SIN-MNL, they initially didn't agree to give an SQ flight (I specifically asked for it due to lesser connection time) and insisted that I take a PR flight (which was also the airline for HKG-MNL). I hung up, did three 3 concalls with Yatra, demanded to speak to supervisor and finally they agreed!

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tirajat
This is correct, though you will need to connect to the airline through Expedia.
+1

Please remember that the ticketing airline won't touch your flight until T-24. This is standard for all TA (including OTA) tickets.

The OTA will have to work with the ticketing airline.

You have 3 options:
1. Is there is a earlier AA/US flight from LAX? Via somewhere else say JFK/PHL/CLT etc? If yes, you can try to push expedia for it.
2. Look for other flight options.
3. Wait until T-24 when the airlines will be happy to take over the ticket and most probably find you a way to get to BRU.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Also try to find out if AA can take you to the other 9W gateway in N.America instead (New York).
Old Jul 11, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Also try to find out if AA can take you to the other 9W gateway in N.America instead (New York).
Based on my recent experience which I stated above, AA should be able to figure out an alternate route for you - they may refuse initially but a bit of pestering should help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.