Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

How early to arrive for domestic flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Alaska Airlines, Delta, Hilton, Omni, Marriott, USAir

I'm booking my boss and his daughter from BOM-IDR on 7 August. The flight departs at 10:50 a.m. When do they need to arrive at BOM? They will have flown in the night before and I have to plan for them to get from the hotel to the airport, to check their luggage, clear security, et cetera. They will both have at least one bag.

The next day, they are flying IDR-DEL, so the same question applies. IDR is a regional airport, so do things move more quickly or more slowly than BOM?

Thank you!
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Check-in for Domestic flights close 45 to 60 minutes before Scheduled Departure Time. Add to that about 15-30 minutes for pre-entry into the terminal building and the long queues, since they have baggage to check-in.

And it's bound to be monsson season in BOM in August. Depending on how far the hotel is from airport, you may take a call, keeping in mind the traffic!
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Assuming they're flying business, arriving at BOM at 9.40-5am should be fine. There is now a lounge in BOM for domestic departures from 1B as well so even if they get in a bit early they will have the lounge to relax in.

IDR being smaller moves quicker than BOM. 1 hour before departure should be fine.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
in general an hour before the flight is ideal....however, if you are not familiar with the airport then coming in an hour & half before the flight would be a good idea....
Old Jun 20, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
in general an hour before the flight is ideal....however, if you are not familiar with the airport then coming in an hour & half before the flight would be a good idea....
Seconded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.