Wiki Posts
Search

Delhi Terminal 3 overnight

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I arrive in Delhi terminal 3 in a few days at 3 am in Qatar business from Doha, and then have an economy domestic flight with Air India at 10 am from the same terminal.

There just doesn’t seem long enough to leave the airport and get a hotel. So I wondered if anyone had some suggestions of what I could do to spend the time and get some rest?

Is it likely Qatar will check my luggage all the way through to Air India?

Or will I have to collect it and re-check it in with Air India, and if so what is the earliest time they will let me do that?

Thanks
Old May 24, 2015, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
you will have to collect your luggage & recheck it with ai....they won't allow you back into the terminal till around 7am....

there is an arrival lounge which is good enough to kill a few hours in....
Old May 24, 2015, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Keyser

So I'd collect my luggage and go to the arrivals lounge?
Old May 24, 2015, 4:29 pm

After leaving arrivals there is a plaza premium lounge with sleep rooms. Just right after ezit. Before exiting building. Very comfortable. About inr3000 for 4 hrs i believe. More for longer
Old May 24, 2015, 9:01 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
also an Eaton transit hotel inside the hotel
Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by A2A
also an Eaton transit hotel inside the hotel
At US$185 for a few hours, this place is a complete RIP-OFF, IMO.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:45 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by phoochka
At US$185 for a few hours, this place is a complete RIP-OFF, IMO.
you pay for the convenience mate. and they do have a captive audience since they'd like to transit but don't want to step out of the airport for various reasons
Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:04 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF

The Plaza Premium arrival lounge isn't too bad - basic, but does the job for a nap and a shower.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:19 am

Logistics Premium Plaza Arrivals lounge overnight

Thank you very much for all this useful information!

We have booked a room in the Premium Arrival Lounge. We arrive by Qatar Airways from DOH at 0300 AM (Business class) and proceed on to Amritsar with Air India around noon.(Economy)

I have read lots of confusing reports abou tpeople not being organized and who ended up being locked out etc

We decided to carry hand luggage, only so will go immediately to the Arrival lounge opposite gate 6 and stay overnight there.

Can we clear immigration in the morning and check in for our connecting domestic flight? Or do we need to do that before checking into the lounge?

Is there a special channel for transfers from International to domestic or do we need to go out through arrivals and than go back in again?

I am just trying to get the picture what to do here...@:-)

Thanks
Old Jun 19, 2015, 8:22 am

The Plaza Premium arrivals lounge is after immigration but before leaving the arrivals hall. There are lot's of coffee shops, pharmacy, etc. so a good arrival area. The next morning you can walk to the end of the arrivals hall and enter domestic departures by showing a print out of your ticket. or exit and take the elevator up one level.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by erik123
The Plaza Premium arrivals lounge is after immigration but before leaving the arrivals hall. There are lot's of coffee shops, pharmacy, etc. so a good arrival area. The next morning you can walk to the end of the arrivals hall and enter domestic departures by showing a print out of your ticket. or exit and take the elevator up one level.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:14 pm

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Had a similar concern so adding to the thread instead of creating new one.

Can someone confirm if the plaza premium lounge accepts priority pass?

If one is able to access the international area is the Sam snooze better than the arrival lounge resting area? Thanks.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Had a similar concern so adding to the thread instead of creating new one.

Can someone confirm if the plaza premium lounge accepts priority pass?

If one is able to access the international area is the Sam snooze better than the arrival lounge resting area? Thanks.
Yes to PP access but the sleep rooms are not included - Arrivals sleep rooms are like small hotel rooms with full bathroom so much better then sams snooze.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.