Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Can I book my friends ticket from my JP miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Hi I have few JP miles in my account.
Is it solely for me or I can book my friends ticket by redeeming those points?
If yes then what's the process

Thnx in advance

Sushant
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:04 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Hi Sushant, Welcome to FT.

You can indeed use your miles for your friends as well. Process is the same as booking for yourself. All you need to do is put their name in when you arrive at the section for name of passenger.

Hope this helps
A
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
The only thing I wish to add is, "you cannot sell the ticket to your friend"
Old Apr 10, 2015, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just keep in mind that sometimes (although very rarely) they ask for a copy of the credit card used for booking, if you are not traveling & have booked for someone else....
Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Originally Posted by Keyser
just keep in mind that sometimes (although very rarely) they ask for a copy of the credit card used for booking, if you are not traveling & have booked for someone else....
Is it also the case for redemption tickets. I thought that was the case for revenue tickets only.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Is it also the case for redemption tickets. I thought that was the case for revenue tickets only.
This is silly but entirely possible with IBAs.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
unfortunately it is....had it happen to my sister once....i booked the ticket for her & they asked for the credit card at the airport....i had to email a copy to her & she showed it to them on her phone before they allowed her to check in....
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:49 pm

unfortunately it is....had it happen to my sister once....i booked the ticket for her & they asked for the credit card at the airport....i had to email a copy to her & she showed it to them on her phone before they allowed her to check in....
That's very scary, If say my wife was to get stuck in a similar situation at a airport in India, it will be a nightmare. We don't even have a Indian number and may probably end up spending like 100$ in intl roaming calls / data.

We visit India 2-3 times a year for work (BLR/PNQ) and sometimes family visits too (DEL), but still can't have a Indian number coz it gets deactivated after like 2 months.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
We visit India 2-3 times a year for work (BLR/PNQ) and sometimes family visits too (DEL), but still can't have a Indian number coz it gets deactivated after like 2 months.
Not true, you can keep a number for 1 year atleast with validity recharges.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:51 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
That's very scary, If say my wife was to get stuck in a similar situation at a airport in India, it will be a nightmare. We don't even have a Indian number and may probably end up spending like 100$ in intl roaming calls / data.

It is a weird situation, but sometimes it does happen.. one time, my mom was travelling on an award ticket booked from my miles.. they asked her for some proof at the airport (BLR).. it was completely random.. my mom called me all the way in London, what was middle of the night for me, and I had to speak with Jet people and convince them it was my account I had used to book ticket for my mother..complete annoyance..
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by AllAboutFlying
Not true, you can keep a number for 1 year atleast with validity recharges.
May be they hate me, but I got 3 different prepaid numbers in last 2 years and neither of them survived 3 months.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
It is a weird situation, but sometimes it does happen.. one time, my mom was travelling on an award ticket booked from my miles.. they asked her for some proof at the airport (BLR).. it was completely random.. my mom called me all the way in London, what was middle of the night for me, and I had to speak with Jet people and convince them it was my account I had used to book ticket for my mother..complete annoyance..

What I do when I use my CC for booking tickets for others (and I am not accompanying them) is take a front and back xerox of the cc I used , remove the cvv, and clearly write that I bought the tickets for xxx and tickets are for xx sector, xx date and xx person.
Never had problems post that.. sometimes I have been abroad and even scanned across this document and also stated that they can contact me at xxx number for clarifications.
I believe the above option works ..
Old Apr 15, 2015, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
What I do when I use my CC for booking tickets for others (and I am not accompanying them) is take a front and back xerox of the cc I used , remove the cvv, and clearly write that I bought the tickets for xxx and tickets are for xx sector, xx date and xx person.
Never had problems post that.. sometimes I have been abroad and even scanned across this document and also stated that they can contact me at xxx number for clarifications.
this is what i always do when buying a revenue ticket for someone else....
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:20 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
and this seems to be accepted... so OP and others should do this to avoid any issues.. and no roaming charges or last minute avoidable anxiety ..
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:38 pm

and this seems to be accepted... so OP and others should do this to avoid any issues.. and no roaming charges or last minute avoidable anxiety ..
Most of the times, I use a virtual credit card for online transactions. I guess I should not do that for transactions in India.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.