Search

CCU-DOH on Qatar ??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:19 am
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
CCU-DOH on Qatar ??

Has anyone flown CCU-DOH on Qatar airways, recently.. I want to know if their business class is the same as etihad (fancy sofa seats with a leg rest..!!) or is it the recliner beds like Emirates..?? Just wondering if it's worth the money to fly in business.. Never flown Qatar before (even in economy)..
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
Has anyone flown CCU-DOH on Qatar airways, recently.. I want to know if their business class is the same as etihad (fancy sofa seats with a leg rest..!!) or is it the recliner beds like Emirates..?? Just wondering if it's worth the money to fly in business.. Never flown Qatar before (even in economy)..
Have not flown CCU-DOH, but have flown several other mid/long haul legs on both QR & EY. Generally speaking, QR is less extravagant than EY - both in terms of the hard product (seating) and soft product (food and wine, cabin crew etc).
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:36 am
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SchrottFly
Have not flown CCU-DOH, but have flown several other mid/long haul legs on both QR & EY. Generally speaking, QR is less extravagant than EY - both in terms of the hard product (seating) and soft product (food and wine, cabin crew etc).
Ok.. good to have some idea.. it's just that CCU is not an important sector for any airlines and so they usually have their worst aircraft for this segment.. so wanted to be sure before I spend any money.. i hate spending money on just marginally better than economy type of business class.. I recently flew Etihad on BLR-AUH in business but I wasn't that impressed.. thankfully it was just $200, but still I wouldn't spend any money again on business on Etihad for that sector..
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:03 am

Yes, I have flown QR on this route and it is armchairs, not flat beds. You can of course find this information easily by looking up the airline's A320 details on Seatguru.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:03 am
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Yes, I have flown QR on this route and it is armchairs, not flat beds. You can of course find this information easily by looking up the airline's A320 details on Seatguru.
I did.. but I know for a fact that they have recliner beds on some routes on A320..
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I recently flew Etihad on BLR-AUH in business but I wasn't that impressed.. thankfully it was just $200
where did you find that rate????
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:21 pm

I did.. but I know for a fact that they have recliner beds on some routes on A320..
I don't know what a "recliner bed" is, exactly but if Seatguru is correct, the A321 has seats that recline to 160o; the A320 seats recline less. Neither is a "bed". The plane normally used on this route is the A320.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
That's on the A319's, which QR is plying in an all-J config to LHR. These all-J birds are just slot-fillers that with eventually be replaced by A350 / A380, while the A319's will be shifted to Qatar Executive.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 1:22 am
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
where did you find that rate????
Sorry man, that was grossly misleading.. I meant $200 for the upgrade..
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
That's on the A319's, which QR is plying in an all-J config to LHR. These all-J birds are just slot-fillers that with eventually be replaced by A350 / A380, while the A319's will be shifted to Qatar Executive.
Looks like A320s are getting new full-flat Business Class seats. Not sure if CCU flights are getting though.

Source: here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.