Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet free ticket codes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2015, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Jet free ticket codes

I have certain free ticket codes from HDFC, ICICI and Amex but since last few months whenever I try to purchase a ticket using these codes, the availability vanishes. Even in cases where ticket is being booked 15 days in advance and prices are just around rs. 5-6k levels.
Only availability using these codes I can see are where fares are very low and the free value represents only about rs. 500 - 1000.

Is this the case with others as well? Have these free codes become a marketing gimmick now?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Star Gold
Originally Posted by vikasr
I have certain free ticket codes from HDFC, ICICI and Amex but since last few months whenever I try to purchase a ticket using these codes, the availability vanishes. Even in cases where ticket is being booked 15 days in advance and prices are just around rs. 5-6k levels.
Only availability using these codes I can see are where fares are very low and the free value represents only about rs. 500 - 1000.

Is this the case with others as well? Have these free codes become a marketing gimmick now?
I completely agree with you..These codes value are not more then 500-1000 now since most of the codes are valid for lower 3 classes only ie B, W & O
Old Mar 10, 2015, 4:45 am

Ditto! My amex free base fair waived ticket code date has lapsed because I just could not get the tickets on the preferred dates.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
These jet codes are worthless. The last I was successful in using such a code was more than 1+ year back.

Websites such as ixigo are much better than these codes. They just pay you cashback on your jet airways revenue ticket if you visit jetairways website through them. It gets me all the benefits of booking directly with the airline, yet receive the discounts/benefits of OTA.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:21 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by ngblr
I completely agree with you..These codes value are not more then 500-1000 now since most of the codes are valid for lower 3 classes only ie B, W & O
If you can find a W class ticket, there should be no reason why that can't be booked with the code or why it should vanish the moment you input the code..

if you find a ticket on W code without the code and the system doesn't let you book you should try their customer care and if they also don't book it, give them hell over it.. If they are purposely not letting people use their codes, even with availability in the correct code, that's plain unfair practice..
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:00 am

the best value i got for these codes is in the long haul segment, HYD-DEL, worth 4000.
Booked a month in advance.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by bluecrabs
the best value i got for these codes is in the long haul segment, HYD-DEL, worth 4000.
Booked a month in advance.
currently in hyd & got a del-hyd one way fare for under inr 3k....booked a couple of days ago....
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
currently in hyd & got a del-hyd one way fare for under inr 3k....booked a couple of days ago....
I booked Hyd-Del return tickets for April with these codes (2 nos.) for 1800/-. One in 'O' and other in 'V'.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 4:00 am

Dear Sir,

We regret any inconveninece faced. Please write to [email protected] with your contact details. Kindly mention the UID a09r9k in the subject line of your e-mail. Our official will assist you.

Regards,
ICICI Bank Customer Service Team
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:32 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by ICICI Bank Care
Dear Sir,

We regret any inconveninece faced. Please write to [email protected] with your contact details. Kindly mention the UID a09r9k in the subject line of your e-mail. Our official will assist you.

Regards,
ICICI Bank Customer Service Team
We are trying to liaise with ICICI Bank Care to verify their identity. Once that is confirmed, their handle will "turn green" and the moniker "Company Representative" will appear below it.

Until that happens, please proceed with usual caution, like with any other poster, and share any personal or identifiable information only at your sole personal discretion.

Thanks,
AJLondon
Mod
Old Mar 15, 2015, 1:56 am
Original Poster

So since these codes can only be applied on B, W and O classes, the worth of the codes have gone down since the fares on general are lower than a year back for any domestic sector.

Am I correct?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by agarwaga
I booked Hyd-Del return tickets for April with these codes (2 nos.) for 1800/-. One in 'O' and other in 'V'.
How could you use these codes for V class?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.