AI Baggage Allowance Bus+Econ

Old Feb 24, 2015, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, HH
AI Baggage Allowance Bus+Econ

I have EWR-BOM on AI business. BOM-BLR is on Econ. A colleague traveled same sector last week and was charged BOM-BLR as extra baggage (2 bags checked-in)!!!! It is all on the same PNR. Not being familiar with the rules, he found it easier to just pay the baggage fees. Has anybody had this experience before. I will have 1 or 2 checked bags this time.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: Blasé..
Originally Posted by acader
It is all on the same PNR.
As it's all same PNR - your International Baggage rules and limits would be honored for domestic travel too - i.e Executive Class : 2 Pc. / 32 Kgs. Each.

Also you can get a through luggage check in till BLR!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:51 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
As it's on the same PNR, the higher of the baggage allowance is applicable.

Originally Posted by Bioflyer
As it's all same PNR - your International Baggage rules and limits would be honored for domestic travel too - i.e Executive Class : 2 Pc. / 32 Kgs. Each.

Also you can get a through luggage check in till BLR!
Yes, you can through check-in at EWR, but will need to clear customs at BOM and drop the bags at AI trasnfer desk while transferring from T2 to T1.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I have EWR-BOM on AI business. BOM-BLR is on Econ. A colleague traveled same sector last week and was charged BOM-BLR as extra baggage (2 bags checked-in)!!!! It is all on the same PNR. Not being familiar with the rules, he found it easier to just pay the baggage fees. Has anybody had this experience before. I will have 1 or 2 checked bags this time.
did he through check in his bags at ewr????he should not have had to pay extra....
Old Mar 17, 2015, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, HH
Update: 3 of us from my company flew to BLR in the past 60 days. All of us on a single PNR.

1. Colleague 1: No * status. AI Stock. EWR-BOM bus. BOM-BLR econ. Return in Z/D. BOM-BLR extra baggage charged at BOM. She said it was during "baggage drop off" in BOM.

2. Colleague 2: *G AI Stock. BLR-BOM econ, BOM-EWR bus. Agent at BLR said that he has to pay extra, but she did not push for it. No extra fee.

3. Myself: *G UA stock. EWR-BOM RT bus, BOM-BLR RT on econ. AI agent at EWR said that I may have to pay extra baggage in BOM. Agent at BOM said "Oh bags are overweight" then saw "Executive" tag and said nothing after.

To me it seems like AI staff are getting used to *A and if it is a *G customer, they don't bother. I also see that UA is routing a lot of award tix to AI.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:35 pm

Update: 3 of us from my company flew to BLR in the past 60 days. All of us on a single PNR.

1. Colleague 1: No * status. AI Stock. EWR-BOM bus. BOM-BLR econ. Return in Z/D. BOM-BLR extra baggage charged at BOM. She said it was during "baggage drop off" in BOM.

2. Colleague 2: *G AI Stock. BLR-BOM econ, BOM-EWR bus. Agent at BLR said that he has to pay extra, but she did not push for it. No extra fee.

3. Myself: *G UA stock. EWR-BOM RT bus, BOM-BLR RT on econ. AI agent at EWR said that I may have to pay extra baggage in BOM. Agent at BOM said "Oh bags are overweight" then saw "Executive" tag and said nothing after.

To me it seems like AI staff are getting used to *A and if it is a *G customer, they don't bother. I also see that UA is routing a lot of award tix to AI.
Your colleague 1 can claim for a refund as its incorrect to charge when its the same PNR for the flights. Its standard convention and is consistent across all airlines but the AI employees as they are ignorant of the rules unless reminded by someone. In such cases typically escalate to the station manager to get it sorted out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.