Jet Airways 'Book your meal'

Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Jet Airways 'Book your meal'

Has anyone pre-selected their meal on business or first using Jet's 'Book your meal' feature? Experiences, good or bad?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by IndyHoosier
Has anyone pre-selected their meal on business or first using Jet's 'Book your meal' feature? Experiences, good or bad?
i have....flying tomorrow so will post an update....
Old Feb 13, 2015, 9:31 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
bad experiences. i selected meals but they never stick to your PNR. Eventually on the plane the crew had no idea of what I had pre-ordered
Old Feb 14, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Originally Posted by A2A
bad experiences. i selected meals but they never stick to your PNR. Eventually on the plane the crew had no idea of what I had pre-ordered
Likewise. In none of the last 7 flights that I took, the crew had any clue about my pre-selected meals.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for your feedback. It is amazing that an airline (or any business for that matter) would add a feature like this without making sure that it properly works. All it does is upset your customers when it doesn't work, most of whom would have been perfectly fine if the option didn't exist in the first place.

I have never flown business or any other class on Jet before. Besides 'Book your meal' not working, how are the food and drinks in business?
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:58 pm

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
In my experience, Jet usually gets special meals 9 times out of 10. AI domestic record is 1 out of 10, except on BOM-DEL.

What is "Book a Meal"? How is it different from pre-selecting special meal at time of booking?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by ashishp
In my experience, Jet usually gets special meals 9 times out of 10. AI domestic record is 1 out of 10, except on BOM-DEL.

What is "Book a Meal"? How is it different from pre-selecting special meal at time of booking?
It's for pre-selecting dish options in F and J on International sectors only.

http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/Plan...kYourMeal.aspx
Old Feb 15, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by Keyser
i have....flying tomorrow so will post an update....
So, how was your experience ?

I have a flight coming up in J. Does it makes sense to use this service ?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by oxymoron
So, how was your experience ?

I have a flight coming up in J. Does it makes sense to use this service ?
they got it right on the ewr-bru sector but had no idea on the bru-del sector....
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
they got it right on the ewr-bru sector but had no idea on the bru-del sector....
I will be doing BRU-DEL next week in J with 2 small kids. This will be our first time with 9W.

Could you give some details? How was it in terms of food, entertainment, seat comfort crew etc. ? How is the lounge in BRU ?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will be doing BRU-DEL next week in J with 2 small kids. This will be our first time with 9W.

Could you give some details? How was it in terms of food, entertainment, seat comfort crew etc. ? How is the lounge in BRU ?
food was fine....i've always enjoyed the food on 9w international flights....

entertainment is sufficient for a 7-8 hour flight....

crew is attentive & helpful....

the only problem i have is with the seats....while comfortable to sit in, i find them extremely uncomfortable when fully flat due to the fact that there is very little area to move your legs when you are lying down....
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:43 am

Thanks for your helpful reply.

How about the lounge ? Is there a play corner in the lounge for kids ?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for your helpful reply.

How about the lounge ? Is there a play corner in the lounge for kids ?
i like the lounge in bru....there is comfortable seating, the food choices are good & the staff is attentive....

i think there is a area for kids but i might be mistaken....
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:14 am

From your experience it seems 9W has improved a lot in comparison to what we were hearing last year. Thanks again!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:13 pm

From your experience it seems 9W has improved a lot in comparison to what we were hearing last year. Thanks again!
Yes, they have been Etihaded !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.