Wiki Posts
Search

YQ on Jet Partner redemptions?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
YQ on Jet Partner redemptions?

Does anyone have any recent experience of being charged YQ on Etihad or SAA redemptions using JP Miles?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Boddingtons
Does anyone have any recent experience of being charged YQ on Etihad or SAA redemptions using JP Miles?
yes....jet charges yq on etihad....
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:05 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by Keyser
yes....jet charges yq on etihad....
+1 based on my recent experience with them..
I read from the net that there were few sectors were Etihad does not charge YQ and in these scenarios, you can speak to them and contest.. but this is few and far between..
Heck, most of the times its tough to even get availability thru Jet as their response times are terrible..
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:36 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Heck, most of the times its tough to even get availability thru Jet as their response times are terrible..
couldn't agree more. I never bother with Partner redemptions on 9W because response time means that if there was an award seat - its gone. I think they make it this way so that you will never burn on partners, only earn...
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:21 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by avm2806
couldn't agree more. I never bother with Partner redemptions on 9W because response time means that if there was an award seat - its gone. I think they make it this way so that you will never burn on partners, only earn...
hopefully with the etihad partnership, JP should get better.. hope is what we have
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by avm2806
i tried a partner redemption earlier this year....sent in the request around the 20th of jan....i got a reply from them a week later informing me that they had booked the flight but it was waitlisted....my flight was on the 12th of feb....i replied back to them asking them to let me know what the miles requirement & tax amount would be but i never heard back so i went ahead & booked directly with the partner airline....they finally got back to me on the 19th of feb (a week after my flight) with only the number of miles required but no tax amount....talk about incompetence....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.