Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GuyFromBOM
AI-FR FAQs

Flight Ops
  • All Air India flights in the range AI10 - AI399 and AI900 - AI999 operate from International terminals.
  • At BOM - CSIA, all Air India flights (domestic and international) operate from International Terminal : T2 - with effect from October 1, 2015
  • At AMD - Ahmedabad SVP Airport, all Air India flights operate from International Terminal : T2- including flight AI614.
  • Check-in desks close 45 minutes before STD (Domestic flights)
  • Check-in desks close 60 minutes before STD (Domestic flights operating from International Terminal) (For International flights refer to the copy of eticket)
  • AirIndia Express is the LCC subsidary of AI (all Y seating) and doesn't have FFP concept in their systems.
  • All flights operating under 9I-xxxx series or AI 9xxx are operated by AirIndia Regional (aka Alliance Air - subsidary of AI). FFP benefits: Mileage Earning Only- NO REDEMPTION.

AI - Web Check-In
  • Web Check-In facility is available for most AI operated flights (except flights operated by 9I) from 48 hours prior to departure.
  • Web Check-In on Mobile

Baggage Info
  • AI-FR members get excess baggage allowance of 10kgs (Silver Club), 20kgs (Gold & Maharaja Club) OR 1 piece (upto 23kgs / 50lbs) for Silver, Gold & Maharaja Club members.
  • StarAlliance Gold members flying on AI flights, get excess baggage allowance of 20kgs OR 1 piece (upto 23kgs / 50lbs).
  • AI Baggage Allowance

Air India - Flying Returns FFP

FFP - Earning

FFP - Redemption

Contact Details

Membership Kit Related
  • Contact the Membership Kit dispatch team on +91 (0)22 61342252 (Monday to Friday between 10:00 to 17:00) or send an email to: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

AirIndia - FlyingReturns

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2015, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by deovrat
News: Since Oct 1 2015, all Air India flights (domestic + international) from BOM will depart from Terminal 2 exclusively.

Wiki updated to that effect.
good news....thanks for the update....
Old Oct 17, 2015, 3:36 am

Looks like an Update to me :

Upgrade Awards on Air India:
Flying Returns members can also redeem miles for upgrading the eligible paid class tickets in domestic and international network of Air India. The miles required for economy to business class upgrade are 75 % of normal economy class redemption miles for that sector and for Business to First upgrade 75 % of normal business class redemption miles for that sector.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:45 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
I thought this was there from earlier too
Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by agarwaga
Looks like an Update to me :

Upgrade Awards on Air India:
Flying Returns members can also redeem miles for upgrading the eligible paid class tickets in domestic and international network of Air India. The miles required for economy to business class upgrade are 75 % of normal economy class redemption miles for that sector and for Business to First upgrade 75 % of normal business class redemption miles for that sector.
I thought this was there from earlier too
this has been there for as long as i can remember....have been using it for years....
Old Oct 17, 2015, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
The upgrade option has been there ever since I can recollect.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
this has been there for as long as i can remember....have been using it for years....
Sorry for the confusion. Was it not 100% earlier and now 75% miles requirement for upgrade ? I may be wrong.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by agarwaga
Sorry for the confusion. Was it not 100% earlier and now 75% miles requirement for upgrade ? I may be wrong.
it was always 75%....
Old Oct 18, 2015, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
it was always 75%....
Ok. My mistake.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
The FFP program is undergoing some major changes. I attempted to login today and right in front of me was a set of questions that would remind one of the school exams. NEVERENDING!

OTP verification for both Mobile & Email, uploading photo ID, etc, by the looks of it a major re-schuffle.

And yes, they have added 'Travel Points', which I assume is someting related to Tier progression process.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
Originally Posted by tirajat
I intend to upgrade from Y to J using miles, but it seems AI allows it only if the the ticket is booked in certain classes. Any idea if I book in a lower class (through an OTA), can I change my ticket to a higher class later by directly contacting AI - I did it a few years ago with Jet for using upgrade vouchers, but not sure if AI will allow it.

Thanks
Are we talking domestic or international? I think only the "Get UpFront" offer where you upgrade by paying between 4K and 7K has a fare class restriction (V and above). Upgrading to J using miles should be possible in all fare classes. I was booked on a low fare class BLR-DEL and managed an upgrade using miles. Had to call the call center.

I tried this recently over phone, but the call center agents say it cannot be done. You have to cancel your existing ticket and buy a new one; no matter if the original one is purchased through OTA or AI itself.
Never had this problem ever!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
The FFP program is undergoing some major changes. I attempted to login today and right in front of me was a set of questions that would remind one of the school exams. NEVERENDING!

OTP verification for both Mobile & Email, uploading photo ID, etc, by the looks of it a major re-schuffle.
Maybe they're just trying to scope out dormant members?

But no, I must remain optimistic !
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM

The website is also broken now. Shows the OTP verification screen, but does not send OTPs to either phone or email.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:56 pm

The website is also broken now. Shows the OTP verification screen, but does not send OTPs to either phone or email.
Yeah. Also - if i tried logging in again - and it took me to a screen to update details. But it threw some error again saying duplicate crediantials. Guess we need to give AI some time to fix the backend.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ashishp
I think only the "Get UpFront" offer where you upgrade by paying between 4K and 7K has a fare class restriction (V and above).
no fare restriction in domestic....only in international....
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123
Guess we need to give AI some time to fix the backend.
i can see this problem persisting for a while....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.