Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
The dimwit agent I spoke to "today" (it's now 0443 hours here in India (the next day/21st)) said it was the 20th!

Any real "deals" with DL? I really don't see anything worthwhile to do with their miles - would prefer to transfer to AF/KL or SQ...maybe even CX - even though I have never flown them.
To be honest not many really. I just transferred enough for a Europe-Middle East flight which is still decent value at 42,500 (for now)
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I understand that Citi does not allow Business billing but does anyone know how strictly they monitor it and would do they actually shut your card down?

I am currently looking for a new card that allows business spend but don't want to miss out on any points till then. I have the potential to route 300,000 miles worth of billing a month through the card.

Any help/suggestions on this subject would be appreciated as I don't want to risk loosing the card yet 300k a month is a lot of miles.
Just an update. Took this up with Citi and they are quite stubborn about it only being for personal use. Spoke with Amex/ICICI and they are more then happy to do it. Really don't understand why Citi don't want the extra business.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Just an update. Took this up with Citi and they are quite stubborn about it only being for personal use. Spoke with Amex/ICICI and they are more then happy to do it. Really don't understand why Citi don't want the extra business.
Or maybe the IT scrutiny - like HSBC keeps getting involved in various problems...
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Keyser
i was just thinking about this earlier in the morning....i'm still debating whether to shift my entire balance to dl or just hold on & shift to another airline at a later date....
I have been requesting they add United - others here can call in and request that - but most of all they are reporting that many cardholders want them to add Lufthansa as a transfer partner!

Still, another US airline would be helpful - and the only one that still flies here is United...
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:21 am

This might be helpful with regard to DL:

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....-saver-awards/

Appears that India requires *substantially more* miles to fly in biz!! (I would say similar to Jet Airways as well)

Good thing I have never earned any DL miles (had NW - which was great), nor transferred any...
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:06 am

I had a discussion with my RM at citi last year and he told that he can ask the credit card team to allow using the card for business purposes, but this was only after I had opened a citigold account with them.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by techankur
I had a discussion with my RM at citi last year and he told that he can ask the credit card team to allow using the card for business purposes, but this was only after I had opened a citigold account with them.
Interesting..... I am Citigold but the corporate team have declined my request.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:46 am

A little off topic here, are any of you guys noticing random interest charges on your cards?

I have been using PM for a few years now and I always pay the entire statement due.

Month before last, the due was around a lakh and I had made a payment of 85,000 before the due date and 15,000 four days after the due date, clearing off the entire due. They charged a hefty interest of 6692.41+ST for a four day delayed payment. Called them and after asking for an explanation of this charge, they reversed the charge.

Last month, paid a little more than the due amount, cleared on the due date but still I see an interest charge of 1887.66+ST. Just called their customer care. They didn't have an explanation but promised to send me a courier with the 'detailed workings' and would again process a reversal.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by vatsan
A little off topic here, are any of you guys noticing random interest charges on your cards?

I have been using PM for a few years now and I always pay the entire statement due.

Month before last, the due was around a lakh and I had made a payment of 85,000 before the due date and 15,000 four days after the due date, clearing off the entire due. They charged a hefty interest of 6692.41+ST for a four day delayed payment. Called them and after asking for an explanation of this charge, they reversed the charge.

Last month, paid a little more than the due amount, cleared on the due date but still I see an interest charge of 1887.66+ST. Just called their customer care. They didn't have an explanation but promised to send me a courier with the 'detailed workings' and would again process a reversal.
if you don't pay off the complete balance before your due date then interest is charged on the full amount you charged, not just the unpaid balance....

for example, let suppose your card rolls over on the 15th of every month & your due date is the 30th of each month....you charge inr 1 lakh till the 15th....from the 15th - 30th you charge another inr 1 lakh (that would be due the next month)....on the 30th you pay off inr 90k out of the inr 1 lakh that is due....from that day onwards you will be charged daily interest not only on the remaining inr 10k balance but on the full inr 2 lakhs you have utilised on your card....
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
if you don't pay off the complete balance before your due date then interest is charged on the full amount you charged, not just the unpaid balance....
That makes perfect sense and I get that. It's just, their math for the interest charge there didn't quite add up. Even with a flat interest calculation, it worked out to over 6% when the interest rate on the card is < 3%. I insisted on the workings, purely out of academic interest and they've promised to courier it. The charge in this month's statement which they didn't have an explanation for is being reversed.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I don't know if you calculated this or not. The interest is charged from purchase date not from statement date (so in some cases that may be another month worth of interest right there)
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This happened to me once and I called up to query it. The rep immediately took off the charges and explained how they now work.
Old May 5, 2017, 12:07 am

Fourth-night free: rate discrepancy

I contacted the Citi concierge yesterday for a fourth-night free booking (on an Indian hotel). The rate they sent me is about $30 higher across the four nights than the rate available for the same room (with the same inclusions and restrictions) on Hotels.com. While I've queried it, I don't expect to receive any response more helpful than: that's the best rate available on our platform currently.

Anyone else faced this?
Old May 27, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SPG, JP Miles, IHG Rewards Club
As some of you may know, one can't book a JetAirways flight ticket in Premiermiles website and site advises one to book the flight ticket in Jet Airways website and then get the cost refunded by redeeming Citibank premier miles. Once the charges are raised on the credit card account, you need to contact customer services.

I tried to do this last week but the CS person did not know much and transferred about 15000 miles to my Jet Privilege account by error even though I explained it at least three times what I wanted to do!

Eventually, she did the second redemption, correctly refunding the cost of the Jet Airways ticket. I asked her to cancel the transfer of miles to JP account but she was unable to do it.Although the cost of the flight was refunded with the miles, there was unnecessary transfer of miles to JP miles account which very rarely has any tickets when I want to redeem. I have emailed Citibank CS requesting refund of the miles which were transferred to JP Miles and they are still investigating it! They emailed to say that they need another 5 working days for this to be sorted out.

Has anyone faced similar issue before and was it sorted out in the end?

Thanks.
Old May 27, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Good luck in getting your miles back. I suspect all you will get is an apology, but hope I am wrong.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.