Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:08 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, SPG, JP Miles, IHG Rewards Club
Originally Posted by Anish
You will actually get 3.6 times the number of air miles you currently have.
Exactly - a simpler calculation to reiterate the above!

Let us say you have 1000 premier miles. This would be converted to 500 Air Miles if you do a transfer now.

Once converted / upgraded to Prestige, 1000 premier miles would become 450 Prestige points which would convert to 1800 Air Miles!
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by msivam
Exactly - a simpler calculation to reiterate the above!

Let us say you have 1000 premier miles. This would be converted to 500 Air Miles if you do a transfer now.

Once converted / upgraded to Prestige, 1000 premier miles would become 450 Prestige points which would convert to 1800 Air Miles!
I am planning to upgrade my premier miles to prestige.
Does any pending cashbacks or makemytrip bonus miles (takes 90 days from the date of transaction) post to the new prestige card?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
I think the only disadvantage of Prestige over Premier Miles is that you cant earn 10x points on Prestige when using at Airline websites or other partners.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by sweets61250
I think the only disadvantage of Prestige over Premier Miles is that you cant earn 10x points on Prestige when using at Airline websites or other partners.
The other being the annual fee being Rs 20000 for the Prestige card although might be worth the cost for those who would utilise the included benefits!
Old Jul 17, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Originally Posted by bluecrabs
I am planning to upgrade my premier miles to prestige.
Does any pending cashbacks or makemytrip bonus miles (takes 90 days from the date of transaction) post to the new prestige card?
No
Old Aug 10, 2016, 12:25 pm

Hi everyone !

I'm using citibank card since 2007 & recently taken miles card, I'm thinking to transfer my old card limit to miles one but I'd like to know they will close my previous card permanent or they will just de-activate ?
Also my miles card says MEMBER SINCE 2016 & On my previous card its MEMBER SINCE 2007 - if I close my old card will it cause any damage ? in cibil or in record like that.

please guide.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by streetlife
Hi everyone !

I'm using citibank card since 2007 & recently taken miles card, I'm thinking to transfer my old card limit to miles one but I'd like to know they will close my previous card permanent or they will just de-activate ?
Also my miles card says MEMBER SINCE 2016 & On my previous card its MEMBER SINCE 2007 - if I close my old card will it cause any damage ? in cibil or in record like that.

please guide.
You should not close the old card as it will lower down your credit history and affect the cibil score. The longer you hold a positive credit card repayment history the better your CIBIL rating scores.

You may ask the bank to transfer some % of the limit from old card to new card.

Last edited by gtag; Aug 10, 2016 at 11:35 pm
Old Aug 11, 2016, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by gtag
You should not close the old card as it will lower down your credit history and affect the cibil score. The longer you hold a positive credit card repayment history the better your CIBIL rating scores.

You may ask the bank to transfer some % of the limit from old card to new card.
Thanks for your advice, I'll request them to increase limit on newer card.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 8:52 am

Today, I used my Citibank premier miles credit card at ATM to withdraw cash by mistake instead of my Citibank debit card. I only realised it after getting the message regarding transaction - now I will pay withdrawal fees as well as interest rate unnecessarily - is there a way out to minimise these charges?

I have never used my credit card in the past to withdraw cash. I spoke to Citibank and they suggested that I need to clear the full balance to avoid any interest charges. The statement date would be around the 16th of this month and the payment date would be sometime in the 1st week of September? What could I do to minimise the charges and the interest? Thank you.

Siva
Old Aug 12, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
@siva:
The interest on cash withdrawls is calculated on daily basis. You need to pay the cash withdrawl off ASAP (I think you will still have to pay atleast 1 day interest even if you pay off today).

Now the problem is that if you make a payment, bank will probably apply it to your previous outstanding (if any) first. This is because banks generally apply payments to lowest interest balance first. In the US there is a law that banks have to apply payments to highest interest balance first, but I don't think India has a similar law (I can be wrong).

This means that you will have to pay the total outstanding (including any purchases since your last statement) as of today. Everyday you extend it, they will make you pay more interest.

Here is what you need to pay:
A: Balance leftover from last statement
A1: If that balance is from previous statements, interest on it (4%)
B: Any purchases this month
B1: If A1 is true, add 4% of B
C: Cash withdrawn
C1: 4% of it
C2: Check in Fee schedule if there is a fee for withdrawing cash
Add A1..C2 and pay it ASAP.

Please note that I am assuming your payment will be applied to your older balance first, you should check the card T&C to see if it says how payments are applied. If the T&Cs don't explain it, call citi and ask them about it.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 10:34 am

Thank you for the detailed and helpful response.I almost always pay my credit card balance in full - I spent a lot more than usual this month as I have a trip to UK next month and so will clear the whole balance (plus an extra to cover the interest for the ATM withdrawal) at the earliest to minimise the interest charges.

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
@siva:
The interest on cash withdrawls is calculated on daily basis. You need to pay the cash withdrawl off ASAP (I think you will still have to pay atleast 1 day interest even if you pay off today).

Now the problem is that if you make a payment, bank will probably apply it to your previous outstanding (if any) first. This is because banks generally apply payments to lowest interest balance first. In the US there is a law that banks have to apply payments to highest interest balance first, but I don't think India has a similar law (I can be wrong).

This means that you will have to pay the total outstanding (including any purchases since your last statement) as of today. Everyday you extend it, they will make you pay more interest.

Here is what you need to pay:
A: Balance leftover from last statement
A1: If that balance is from previous statements, interest on it (4%)
B: Any purchases this month
B1: If A1 is true, add 4% of B
C: Cash withdrawn
C1: 4% of it
C2: Check in Fee schedule if there is a fee for withdrawing cash
Add A1..C2 and pay it ASAP.

Please note that I am assuming your payment will be applied to your older balance first, you should check the card T&C to see if it says how payments are applied. If the T&Cs don't explain it, call citi and ask them about it.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: AI, BA, Etihad, Mariott, IHG, TIC
Ques. reg Taj Inner Circle voucher

Hi,

I couldn't find a dedicated thread to the Taj Inner Circle program, hence posting here. Please redirect me in case this is the wrong thread.

With the Citi Prestige CC, I received the complementary TIC vouchers. And I am planning to utilize 1 of them (Rs.5,000 off on accommodation, F&B). Though it states a combination of accommodation & F&B, I am planning to use the voucher only for my stay (this way I get a complimentary stay).

Questions:
  1. Is the above allowed i.e. if the room tariff is < Rs.5,000, can I use the voucher to claim a free stay (in a way, the voucher takes care of the room rate)
  2. Also, the T&C state that no 2 vouchers can be combined. Just wanted to check if they follow this rigorously? I am thinking of using the Rs.5K voucher and combine it with a room upgrade voucher (if they allow clubbing of vouchers)

Also, any experiences you have had with using the TIC vouchers will be a big help ... thanks in advance

Ch33rs,
Monk
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by monkatpeace
Hi,

I couldn't find a dedicated thread to the Taj Inner Circle program, hence posting here. Please redirect me in case this is the wrong thread.

With the Citi Prestige CC, I received the complementary TIC vouchers. And I am planning to utilize 1 of them (Rs.5,000 off on accommodation, F&B). Though it states a combination of accommodation & F&B, I am planning to use the voucher only for my stay (this way I get a complimentary stay).

Questions:
  1. Is the above allowed i.e. if the room tariff is < Rs.5,000, can I use the voucher to claim a free stay (in a way, the voucher takes care of the room rate)
  2. Also, the T&C state that no 2 vouchers can be combined. Just wanted to check if they follow this rigorously? I am thinking of using the Rs.5K voucher and combine it with a room upgrade voucher (if they allow clubbing of vouchers)

Also, any experiences you have had with using the TIC vouchers will be a big help ... thanks in advance

Ch33rs,
Monk
A gift certificate should be considered as good as cash. I could be wrong.
I too have two of those GC as a part of the prestige welcome kit and I booked a lunch reservation this week at Taj Falaknuma where I intend to use the GC as well as the TIC 20% discount voucher. Will update how it goes.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: AI, BA, Etihad, Mariott, IHG, TIC
Smile

Originally Posted by bluecrabs
A gift certificate should be considered as good as cash. I could be wrong.
I too have two of those GC as a part of the prestige welcome kit and I booked a lunch reservation this week at Taj Falaknuma where I intend to use the GC as well as the TIC 20% discount voucher. Will update how it goes.
Thanks for the response. I look forward to see how that experience goes for you ^ .

I, on the other hand, have decided to postpone using the voucher until my next trip out of town. Will definitely come back and provide an update on the experience.

Ch33rs,
Monk
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by monkatpeace
Thanks for the response. I look forward to see how that experience goes for you ^ .

I, on the other hand, have decided to postpone using the voucher until my next trip out of town. Will definitely come back and provide an update on the experience.

Ch33rs,
Monk
So had a nice Lunch date at Taj Falaknuma yesterday. Was really a nice experience.
So I tried to use the 20% TIC gold discount voucher first and then pay the invoice using the Taj Gift Certificates but that didn't work. The discount only applies for amount paid via cash/card. So i had them remove the discount on the amount paid by the GC and then apply the discount on the remainder and settle that by card.
So can't stack the discount & GC, but can definetly use both.
@Monk I think you can use your room upgrade voucher while checking in and then settle the bill using the gift certificate while checking out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.