Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access / Retiring Rooms Kolkata

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro

I am flying BKK-CCU arriving at 0325, and then connecting to a domestic flight at 0930. I am wondering whether I can access the international Travel Club lounge on my arrival.

Also, how does one go about booking "retiring rooms" at CCU ?

If I cannot access international lounge, can I enter the domestic terminal 5 hours before my domestic flight departure?

I had a great BKK-CCU connection on Spicejet, but with the new reports of cancellations, I am worried and therefore I am planning to change to an earlier IndiGo flight.

Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 2:01 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No access to the lounge on the international arrivals end. You can go the domestic side of the terminal without issues after clearing customs, just go one level up. Depending on what airline you continue, you should be able to collect the BP for the next flight around 4 hours before departure. The checkin area has a cafe, I doubt whether it will be open though. Past security there is a clipper lounge on the domestic side, but thats more of a bar than a resting area.
The old terminal used to have a place you could rent by the hour to rest, AFAIK the new terminal doesn't have such facilities.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by oliver2002
No access to the lounge on the international arrivals end. You can go the domestic side of the terminal without issues after clearing customs, just go one level up. Depending on what airline you continue, you should be able to collect the BP for the next flight around 4 hours before departure. The checkin area has a cafe, I doubt whether it will be open though. Past security there is a clipper lounge on the domestic side, but thats more of a bar than a resting area.
The old terminal used to have a place you could rent by the hour to rest, AFAIK the new terminal doesn't have such facilities.
Thanks a lot.

Not what I was hoping to hear
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Do check-out the IbA Lounge wiki for more info.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by 1k650
I had a great BKK-CCU connection on Spicejet, but with the new reports of cancellations, I am worried and therefore I am planning to change to an earlier IndiGo flight.
indigo would definitely be a better option....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.