Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

AI domestic baggage- flying returns

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF

Hey good folks- does AI still give an extra 10kg for flying returns members?
(Distinctly recall having read that, but can't find it on their website now!)

Going to have checked bags (and not light ones) on a domestic flight after a long time, so thought should check..

Also, is a 'new' Flying Returns account fine for this ?(both wife and me had accounts that seem to have been suspended for prolonged inactivity.

We're connecting from SQ to AI12 at BOM.. will try to get SQ to tag bags through, but doubt that it'll work as its on separate tickets and SQ at SIN couldn't check through the last time my wife tried (and that was an AI ticket rebooked onto SQ for SIN-BOM as the AI flight to BOM had been running mighty late).

Worst case, any magic words to plead with, at check-in, given its an immediate connection from an Intl SQ flight?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:51 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by jagmeets
Hey good folks- does AI still give an extra 10kg for flying returns members?
(Distinctly recall having read that, but can't find it on their website now!)

Going to have checked bags (and not light ones) on a domestic flight after a long time, so thought should check..
Yes

Also, is a 'new' Flying Returns account fine for this ?(both wife and me had accounts that seem to have been suspended for prolonged inactivity.
As per AI-FR, the FFP status should be active in the system, implying atleast 1 activity on account.

We're connecting from SQ to AI12 at BOM.. will try to get SQ to tag bags through, but doubt that it'll work as its on separate tickets and SQ at SIN couldn't check through the last time my wife tried (and that was an AI ticket rebooked onto SQ for SIN-BOM as the AI flight to BOM had been running mighty late).

Worst case, any magic words to plead with, at check-in, given its an immediate connection from an Intl SQ flight?
Both segments on AI is an option, without the issue of higher / lower allowance. And then there's also an 3 weekly SQ direct flight to AMD.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
As per AI-FR, the FFP status should be active in the system, implying atleast 1 activity on account.
technically this is true but i know lots of people who have just signed up & got the extra baggage allowance....i guess a lot depends on the agent checking you in....
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:11 am
Original Poster

<Edit to delete- an 'edit' on the iPhone had the post 're-posted'>

Last edited by jagmeets; Nov 12, 2014 at 1:38 pm
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
Yes
Both segments on AI is an option, without the issue of higher / lower allowance. And then there's also an 3 weekly SQ direct flight to AMD.
Been using SQ direct for ages (ESP the return, one of the easiest SQ flights to redeem J seats on)but the daily freq on AI makes a difference and AI is the best hardware between SIN and India (including the SQ 380s)..exSIN J fares to non BOM/DEL pretty decent too..if only AI342/343's on time performance improved..

This trip would have been on AI but a peculiar set of requirements for the return leg necessitated an SQ booking to BOM plus a separate domestic ticket.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Just reporting back- had put in the old numbers and those were not ok ('expired') but the agent was absolutely fine with the brand new numbers ('as long as system accepts the number, it's 25k allowance for you')

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.