Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India AI130 (LHR-BOM-AMD) - Please share your experience

Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

I'm travelling with the family (2 adults / 2 kids) from LHR to AMD via BOM (AI130) this December 2014. I can't seem to confirm the aircraft by anyone or anysite, so I can't determine the best seats to request.

1) Is there a plane change in BOM or simply clean/refuel.
2) Is there different aircrafts flying on different days? What are they?
3) Any recommendation on seats?
4) Do they have Premium Economy seats?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:58 am

Programs: Blasé..
Originally Posted by MrBugs

1) Is there a plane change in BOM or simply clean/refuel - Yes there is a plane change in Mumbai
2) Is there different aircrafts flying on different days? What are they? - Not really, it's majorly Dreamliner between LHR-BOM and A321 between BOM-AMD
3) Any recommendation on seats? - Dreamliner seats are comfortable. Would recommend bulk heads as you are with kids.
4) Do they have Premium Economy seats? - No it's a 2-class Dreamliner & A321 so only Business & Economy.

Did this route almost thrice in last 3 months - flights are pretty comfortable and your Immigration & Customs would be at Ahmedabad Airport.

Hope you have a good flight!!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Talking

Thanks for the info Bioflyer, looking forward to my first Dreamliner.

I'm a 50K Aeroplan, is there a Star Alliance or Air India Lounge near the gate in LHR? I'm flying in from YYZ on Air Canada and connecting in LHR.

Do you know if the Air India staff have fully accepted/integrated the Star Alliance mantra? Wondering if they will see the 50K status and possible upgrade.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:05 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP

I'm a 50K Aeroplan, is there a Star Alliance or Air India Lounge near the gate in LHR? I'm flying in from YYZ on Air Canada and connecting in LHR.

Do you know if the Air India staff have fully accepted/integrated the Star Alliance mantra? Wondering if they will see the 50K status and possible upgrade.
I am unsure as to the upgrade policy for *A member, but the important fact you need to know is that all *A members (except AI) are operating at LHR T2, while AI remains at T4. The re-location schedule for AI, hasn't yet been published.

You need to factor-in the MCT for change of terminals. AC & AI recently announced code-sharing arrangements, check with AC, if they can 'through check-in' your bags at your origin.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info about MCT. I wasn't aware. Truly appreciated. Typically how much time would it take between T1 and T4.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: Blasé..
Smile

Hi ... let me answer point wise:

- AC operates from T2 (and not T1) and AI from T4 at LHR
- Usual travel/wait time is around 25-30 mins from LHR T2-T4
- There is a AI Maharajah Lounge near Gate T1a at LHR T4.
- It is not flamboyant but serves the basic purpose with good seating which allows you to get separate from the crowds with bare minimum food and usable wi-fi
- AI has integrated with *A on a better part so I assume they should respect your Elite 50K status - Being AI if they don't you may press them as couple of guys may not be aware about it
- As said, the ideal thing would be to push AC to interline with AI and provide you a through checked baggage
- About upgrades, lemme say J on this flight has a pretty good occupancy but would suggest you to give it a shot.
- Ideally your status should be respected, if not I would suggest you to push them a bit as it's AI

All the best...do review your flights!!
Old Nov 2, 2014, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i do del-lhr about a dozen times a year in business....the cabin is almost always empty....having said that, i would be very surprised if they gave you an upgrade....besides that you will get all other star alliance benefits likes additional baggage allowance, lounge access, priority check-in, etc....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.