Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic flights best site

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Domestic flights best site

guys

looking at orbitz and priceline, I see prices about 2x what I can find on airindia.co.in. What are the best sites to use for india domestic travel? I can go to individual airline websites but going to a single site for all your needs saves time

Thx
Old Oct 12, 2014, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
try clear trip, makemytrip and yatra (all end in dot com)
Old Oct 12, 2014, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

ok and once I find a good flight, is it advisable to make the final booking on one of these sites or the airline's? Any drawbacks or benefits to either?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

One more - I'm looking for BOM-BLR RT Dec 14 & 19. Is this the best time (8 weeks prior) the best time to book or should I wait a little? Currently, I'm getting a flight for 6000 though some other non-convenient times show 4600

Thx
Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
You can book directly at an airline's website. Sometimes the 3rd party sites will offer a small discount, but it might be a hassle to deal with them if you need to cancel/rebook, especially from outside India.

Booking early is usually the best, although sales occasionally pop up.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:25 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by sam007
ok and once I find a good flight, is it advisable to make the final booking on one of these sites or the airline's? Any drawbacks or benefits to either?
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
You can book directly at an airline's website. Sometimes the 3rd party sites will offer a small discount, but it might be a hassle to deal with them if you need to cancel/rebook, especially from outside India.

Booking early is usually the best, although sales occasionally pop up.
Except AI, almost all airlines add a '(In)Convinience Fee' of ~INR100 per pax to the fare.

The 3rd party booking sites add ~INR150 to their fare. And, incase of modification / cancellation, they add an 'Admin Fee' on top of the penalty charged by the carrier.

Only in the case of a promotion, which results in the fare on the 3rd party booking site being much lower, i skip direct booking with the airline.

Last May, I got a deal on GoIbibo for 9W/S2 flights on BOM-HYD-BOM for ~INR3400... The same filghts on the Jet website were available for over INR6000..!
Old Oct 13, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
You could use either kayak.co.in or ixigo.com - both of which will query a mix of airline sites as well as third party ones, and present to you a list of options you can pick from. Whichever you pick, you'll be redirected there .. to the airline, or to expedia etc.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by sam007
you could use skyscanner.co.in to look for flights but its always advisable to book with the airline directly....
Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by Keyser
you could use skyscanner.co.in to look for flights but its always advisable to book with the airline directly....
matrix.itasoftware is another one..

for this route (BLR-BOM) , AI gives quite decent price at INR apprx 6.2k and Indigo at INR 5.5k approx..
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

guys - what is the site that shows historical on-time performance for flights
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:03 am

Programs: 9W, HH, Taj, Air India
Try this site

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...tingByRoute.do

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.