Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways cash updrade baggage allowance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2014, 4:47 am
Original Poster

If I do a cash upgrade of an award ticket from Economy to Premiere on Jet Airways, do I get the Premiere class baggage allowance (30+10 Kg) or economy class (15+7 Kg). Award flight is from GOI-BOM and international flight on Virgin Atlantic from BOM-LHR. Since both the tickets are on different PNR I am unable to get the international baggage allowance.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus

You will get the biz class benefits including lounge access.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Goan
If I do a cash upgrade of an award ticket from Economy to Premiere on Jet Airways, do I get the Premiere class baggage allowance (30+10 Kg) or economy class (15+7 Kg).
i do this all the time....once you upgrade, your ticket is a business class ticket for all purposes so you get the higher allowance....
Old Sep 6, 2014, 9:46 am
Original Poster

The Premiere award tickets are sold out for my flight but there are still seats available in that class. Considering this, would it be possible to upgrade the ticket on payment of Rs. 1000 (GOI-BOM).
Old Sep 6, 2014, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Goan
The Premiere award tickets are sold out for my flight but there are still seats available in that class. Considering this, would it be possible to upgrade the ticket on payment of Rs. 1000 (GOI-BOM).
I am not sure but you can call in and confirm if you can upgrade the seats. You would need to visit the airport or city office to do the same though. Atleast that was the requirement the last time I did this.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
I am not sure but you can call in and confirm if you can upgrade the seats. You would need to visit the airport or city office to do the same though. Atleast that was the requirement the last time I did this.
the last couple of times i did this, they confirmed the upgrade on the phone & told me i could pay for it when i was checking in on the day of the flight....
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:25 pm

They gave me 24 hours to go to a rep at the airport or city office. Would not be surprised if I got a bad agent who made me run unnecessarily.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 6:33 am
Original Poster

called the customer care, cash upgrade not possible for my flight since there are no award seats available in business class.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
It's definitely possible but you need to do this at the airport counter while checking in.. If there are business seats left, they will let you upgrade.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Anish
It's definitely possible but you need to do this at the airport counter while checking in.. If there are business seats left, they will let you upgrade.
With other people experiences shared in recent posts of Jet check in agent upgrades it seems OP may not get the biz seats. Best of luck though.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
With other people experiences shared in recent posts of Jet check in agent upgrades it seems OP may not get the biz seats. Best of luck though.
I've never had a cash/voucher/mile upgrade denied at the airport while check-in when there have been business/first seats available onboard. Then again maybe it's cause I have status with Jet.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anish
I've never had a cash/voucher/mile upgrade denied at the airport while check-in when there have been business/first seats available onboard. Then again maybe it's cause I have status with Jet.
i have....more times than i can remember....unless a seat is available in 'd' class, they make you wait till the very end....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.