Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Cheap Flights From BKK to Delhi or Chandigarth around 14/15th October 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap Flights From BKK to Delhi or Chandigarth around 14/15th October 2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Cheap Flights From BKK to Delhi or Chandigarth on 13th October 2014

Hi,

I am new on this site.

I am trying to locate cheap flights from BKK to Delhi or Chandigarth on 13th October 2014.

So far Jet Airways appears to be the best option for the above dates but the fare is around 7,020.00 THB = 132.439 GBP, this seems quite expensive as I remember checking them previously not so long ago and they were around Ł100 GBP.

I have tried a variety of discount codes but none of them appear to work.
Just wondering if anyone knew if Jet Airways may reduce the fare soon, via one of their sales?

Alternatively can someone advise on an alternative route out of Bangkok where the fare is lower and it does not involve a long wait at another airport?

Spicejet had an option on 15th October but it involved a 4h 50 min stop in kolkata I think. That's quite a long stopover!

So I think Jet Airways would be best, just wanted advice on if I should book now if they are not likely to reduce or they may increase?

Thanks

Last edited by puthsardarade; Aug 21, 2014 at 10:04 am
Old Aug 21, 2014, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by puthsardarade
Hi,

I am new on this site.

I am trying to locate cheap flights from BKK to Delhi or Chandigarth around 14/15th October 2014.

So far Jet Airways appears to be the best option for the above dates but the fare is around 7,020.00 THB = 132.439 GBP, this seems quite expensive as I remember checking them previously not so long ago and they were around Ł100 GBP.

I have tried a variety of discount codes but none of them appear to work.
Just wondering if anyone knew if Jet Airways may reduce the fare soon, via one of their sales?

Alternatively can someone advise on an alternative route out of Bangkok where the fare is lower and it does not involve a long wait at another airport?

Spicejet had an option on 15th October but it involved a 4h 50 min stop in kolkata I think. That's quite a long stopover!

So I think Jet Airways would be best, just wanted advice on if I should book now if they are not likely to reduce or they may increase?

Thanks
Hi ! First of all Welcome to FT!

just 2 days back Jet had a sale going on. If you booked them , you would have got a one way fare of probably 7000 INR. (IDR-MUM-BKK-MUM-IDR was 16000 INR).

Anyway now that you have missed that as your travel is not very far you may wait for a max for 7-10 days and take a call then.

Fares for Bangkok do not vary much.

Cheers!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Hi,

My date has changed and I now plan to travel on 13th October.

Can someone please advise the cheapest way to travel into India from Bangkok on 13th October and then either go from that destination to Delhi or Chandigarh?

I think if I can figure out what the cheapest way is to travel on the above date from BKK, I could get a cheaper flight to Delhi or Chandigarh and overall I would not have paid as much as 13500 INR which is what I would pay for BKK > DEL or Chandigarh now!

Although if I going to end up Delhi I would like to do this within 5 hours including any change of planes.
If it is Chandigarh then within 9 hours.

Thanks
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:17 am

Try flying from DMK (Don Mueng airport, Bangkok) to either CCU or MAA using Thai Air Asia. They are usually the cheapest.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I couldn't see any suitable way of booking it for any less, so I have just booked the original fare with Jet Airways.

Cheers
Old Aug 21, 2014, 5:52 pm

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Originally Posted by kshastry
Try flying from DMK (Don Mueng airport, Bangkok) to either CCU or MAA using Thai Air Asia. They are usually the cheapest.
Thai air asia has stopped services to CCU.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by puthsardarade
Hi,

I couldn't see any suitable way of booking it for any less, so I have just booked the original fare with Jet Airways.

Cheers
i'm pretty sure that's the best fare you could get unless you were looking at a long layover....jet just finished a sale a few days ago so its unlikely that they would offer any other discounts for a while....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.