BOM Transfer question

Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
BOM Transfer question

I have found lots of information about transferring domestic to international but I am wondering about domestic transfers between terminal 1A and 1B (AI-6E).

I have never transferred in BOM before and I am considering booking a 45 minute connection in BOM arriving on AI and departing on 6E.
Is it possible to walk (quickly) from 1A to 1B and not have to go through security?
Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:41 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
You absolutely have to cross security when you move between terminals.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:29 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by mendy7511
I have found lots of information about transferring domestic to international but I am wondering about domestic transfers between terminal 1A and 1B (AI-6E).

I have never transferred in BOM before and I am considering booking a 45 minute connection in BOM arriving on AI and departing on 6E.
Is it possible to walk (quickly) from 1A to 1B and not have to go through security?
Thanks.
At T1B Arrivals, after Baggage collection, there's a dedicated exit to connect with other flights. Haven't noticed the same at T1A.

Although, the buildings are about a 7 minute walk apart, with 45 minutes difference, it is not recommended to risk such a connection. Assuming, you OLCI for 6E and have no check-in baggage, the Security check alone can take a long time at the T1B.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Thanks for the input.
I suppose I will not take the chance and just spend 4 hours waiting for the next AI flight instead.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mendy7511
Thanks for the input.
I suppose I will not take the chance and just spend 4 hours waiting for the next AI flight instead.
good call....i would not risk this with only 45 minutes....
Old Aug 15, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
BOM Transfer question

Also at BOM you may spend 45 minutes just to get clearance to land for your first flight. So if you are not on the same PNR better to have 60 extra minutes to visit juhu beach IMHO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.