Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

London to Bangalore via Mumbai? Baggage transit question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2014, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation London to Bangalore via Mumbai? Baggage transit question

I am travelling to Bangalore from London Heathrow via Mumbai on Jetairways. Both the international & domestic connecting flight is on the same PNR number (so basically in a single ticket). The domestic leg is also on Jet Airways.

Will my baggage be directly transferred to Bangalore ? If not what is the procedure? and Where should I be doing my immigration?

Has anyone travelled like this or has similar experience.? Wonderful, if you could share
Old Aug 11, 2014, 12:36 pm

Hi Fazi,
You will first be doing immigration and customs at Mumbai airport where you will have to retrieve all checked baggage for customs. Then you will re check in the baggage at a Jet Airways transfer desk. As the domestic terminal is not connected to the international, you will need to take a bus that connects the terminals. Then you will go through security etc. similar to when you fly a domestic flight.

I have flown similar flights and have been in BOM airport numerous times.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk. As your question relates specifically to Jet Airways, the thread has been moved to the dedicated India-Based Airlines forum where it is more likely to receive knowledgable feedback.

Thanks.

~Moderator, Information Desk
Old Aug 16, 2014, 3:36 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus

As vjain has suggested, you clear customs and immigration in Mumbai before rechecking baggage at transfer counter. Mumbai has a new airport terminal, and lot of threads regarding connection can be found in the forum which should help you plan ahead.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
it would have been a lot easier transferring through del as you wouldn't have to change terminals but now the process in bom has become better than before....
Old Feb 20, 2015, 6:43 am

WIFI COnnection

Originally Posted by fazi
I am travelling to Bangalore from London Heathrow via Mumbai on Jetairways. Both the international & domestic connecting flight is on the same PNR number (so basically in a single ticket). The domestic leg is also on Jet Airways.

Will my baggage be directly transferred to Bangalore ? If not what is the procedure? and Where should I be doing my immigration?

Has anyone travelled like this or has similar experience.? Wonderful, if you could share
Old Feb 20, 2015, 6:50 am

WIFI Connection on UK Number

I am travelling to Bangalore from Heathrow via Mumbai in March. I want to know if I will be able to access wifi on my UK number?
My connecting flight to Bangalore leaves Mumbai in 5 hours after arrival to Mumbai. How long does immigration, baggage collection, re-checkin, another security check before boarding domestic airline etc take?

Originally Posted by fazi

Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by PurDi
I am travelling to Bangalore from Heathrow via Mumbai in March. I want to know if I will be able to access wifi on my UK number?
My connecting flight to Bangalore leaves Mumbai in 5 hours after arrival to Mumbai. How long does immigration, baggage collection, re-checkin, another security check before boarding domestic airline etc take?
Time should be 1 hour more or less. WIFI in lounges are usually scratch card based.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.