Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Am I allowed to carry a vacuum cleaner inside my checked-in baggage?[Indigo domestic]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I allowed to carry a vacuum cleaner inside my checked-in baggage?[Indigo domestic]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 10:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I would leave it in the original box and check it in that way, best packing for transport.

BTW, its an electric device, most vacuum cleaner have no or very little electronics.
On the lighter note, some vacs have lot of electronics, for example Roomba.
Old May 30, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I would leave it in the original box and check it in that way, best packing for transport.

BTW, its an electric device, most vacuum cleaner have no or very little electronics.
All a vacuum cleaner is, is a bunch of rats sucking air in.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
This thread made it to today's TalkMail, FYI.

To add to datapoints, my sister brought in a Miele (HEPA) a few months ago - told her to keep it in the original packing (cardboard carton) and pack it inside her suitcase as-is.

Made it in just fine!

Note to self: Need to start bringing in backup vacuums - as some of ours require replacement...
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by haggis45
Such handy info. I intend to fly from the UK soon to visit friends in Kolkata. They want me to bring a UK model vacuum cleaner (they have plenty of adapters) as the Eureka Forbes vacuum they have is dreadful. Im really surprised India doesn't have that many vacs.
Actually they do have, and some good makes such as LG, Philips, Samsung, etc, but Indians always like to boast about things that have either come from the UK or USA (not to mention the fact you will probably give it to them as a gift). the power supply is the same (same as 1950's UK) - they just need to change the square pin plug for a round pinned one. I carried a LIDL pressure washer over in my baggage a couple of years ago when they couldn't be bought out there....
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by tradebaby
Actually they do have, and some good makes such as LG, Philips, Samsung, etc, but Indians always like to boast about things that have either come from the UK or USA (not to mention the fact you will probably give it to them as a gift).
Last I checked, there is nothing really comparable to the Philips vacuums you get in SIN or the European Miele models here in India.

Edited to Add: Found that Miele is now showing some models available on their India website. Too scared to check pricing - if it's anywhere similar to their washing machines!

Originally Posted by tradebaby
I carried a LIDL pressure washer over in my baggage a couple of years ago when they couldn't be bought out there....
You can now get power washers in India, thankfully.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Jun 16, 2015 at 11:11 am
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: Lowly Blue
The Dyson vacs are fantastic! I have one here in BLR and it has lasted 3 years so far (brought from the UK of course).
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, Asia Miles, Virgin Atlantic, ANA, Eurostar
I've brought a Dyson vacuum cleaner all the way from LHR to SIN (checked in luggage) on BA and it was absolutely fine!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.