Wiki Posts
Search

Air India - Flying Returns

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AI-Sliver | 9W I 75K Miles PA
Air India - Flying Returns

Flag carrier airline of India, Air India's frequent flyer programme is known as Flying Returns which is indeed one of the oldest FFP in India.

Air India is also a Star Alliance member, which means you can earn and redeem miles on partner and code share airline too.

Flying Returns also have premium clubs viz : Silver Edge, Golden Edge and Maharaja (en. Kings Clubs), which brings more luxuries and services to its loyal clients.

Any more views on same ?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: 9W Silver, VS Silver, EK Silver
Not totally sure what your question is but my experiences are:

Relatively easy to gain points and move up the tiers. Once you are silver you get 25% extra miles for each flight so Gold can be achieved quite quickly. No distinction between tier miles and bonus miles

International Lounge access is fine, domestic access is limited (never totally sure what the rules are). Extra baggage allowance is very handy on domestic flights.

They don't really seem to upgrade but then a lot of their flights aren't completely full.

AI redemption was easy but taxes ex. UK are high. Haven't done a partner redemption.

If your going to fly AI at all it is worth being a member, for the 10kg extra baggage if nothing else.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by vivekmisra
Any more views on same ?
what kind of views are you looking for????there are tons of threads on flying returns in this forum....if you go through them then you will find pretty much everything about the program & how it works....
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
Is that 10kgs extra baggage for all members or just elites? I have 3 AI domestic flights booked during a 11 week RTW trip and I have no idea how I'm going to cope with only 15kgs on the AI flights..... Hoping I can put any weight in my hand luggage
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
10 kgs is for base members so anyone who signs up gets the benefit.

You do need to have the FFP number attached to your PNR though
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer

Excellent news! Thanks to the ever useful flyertalk!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:56 pm

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer

The 10Kgs additional baggage limit is applicable to the base membership provided you are an active member. That's what the FF program brochure and AI customer care tells me. I don't know how they decide whether you are active member or not. May be the physical FFA membership card tells them that you are active member?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:49 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by manish83
The 10Kgs additional baggage limit is applicable to the base membership provided you are an active member. That's what the FF program brochure and AI customer care tells me. I don't know how they decide whether you are active member or not. May be the physical FFA membership card tells them that you are active member?
While booking, enter the AI-FR FFP #. If booked via a TA / OTA, call-up AI and add the FFP # to the PNR and you should be fine.

I have been flying AI for a couple of years now, but am yet to receive the card, faced no issues what-so-ever.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
I have been flying AI for a couple of years now, but am yet to receive the card, faced no issues what-so-ever.
Its strange, that you haven't received your card yet. I did received it withing 15 days of enrolling in program and booking first flight. Got Silver in-flight with a complimentary soft beverage and announcement.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:06 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Its strange, that you haven't received your card yet. I did received it withing 15 days of enrolling in program and booking first flight. Got Silver in-flight with a complimentary soft beverage and announcement.
Silver..?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:40 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Did you also get baggage tags?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Houminer
Did you also get baggage tags?
No I didn't got any tags
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:24 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Got Silver in-flight with a complimentary soft beverage and announcement.
I couldn't really understand this bit. I am assuming you got on a flight and earned silver and they gave you a complimentary beverage and made an announcement. If the above is correct I have no words to describe what is going in my head right now
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:12 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
No I didn't got any tags
The site says that after you fly one AI flight you get a card and three baggage tags.
Did anyone get this?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:29 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
air india membership kits are under redesign at the moment to reflect the Star Alliance membership. will be a while before they send those out again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.