Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways "Special Baggage Fares" booking from USA/First Time Passanger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2 Million Miler, Marriott Platinum

I am making my first visit to India in September and noticed something called "special baggage fares" on the Jet airways website. I need to fly from Agra to Mumbai. My call to the Jet Airways call center said as long as I paid in Dollars from the website booking from the USA, I would have 2 Bags and 23KG per bag as my allowance. Has anyone else used this method of booking and had success with the better baggage allowance.

Thanks
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by LNusb
I am making my first visit to India in September and noticed something called "special baggage fares" on the Jet airways website. I need to fly from Agra to Mumbai. My call to the Jet Airways call center said as long as I paid in Dollars from the website booking from the USA, I would have 2 Bags and 23KG per bag as my allowance. Has anyone else used this method of booking and had success with the better baggage allowance.

Thanks
Beware that the fares may not be the same and your credit card may charge FX fees (I have no idea about India credit cards as I do not live there.)
Anyhow, since baggage is based on fare basis I highly doubt this would work.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:51 pm

Thanks
I think if the jet customer service confirms it, it should not be an issue.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by AllAboutFlying
I think if the jet customer service confirms it, it should not be an issue.
its not that simple....i've lost count of the number of times customer service has said something to me & i have experienced the opposite when i get to the airport....

my most recent example was last week....i booked a mileage ticket in economy & called jet to get the cash upgrade confirmed....the agent confirmed my upgrade & told me i could pay the upgrade fee at the counter during my flight....i asked him if he was sure since in the past i've only gotten a maximum of 24 hours to pay for the upgrade....he confirmed that i could pay at the counter on the day of my flight, which was 3 days later....i get to the counter 3 days later for my flight to be told that i only had 12 hours to pay for the upgrade & they cancelled it since i didn't pay within that time period....
Old Jul 18, 2014, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
its not that simple....i've lost count of the number of times customer service has said something to me & i have experienced the opposite when i get to the airport....

my most recent example was last week....i booked a mileage ticket in economy & called jet to get the cash upgrade confirmed....the agent confirmed my upgrade & told me i could pay the upgrade fee at the counter during my flight....i asked him if he was sure since in the past i've only gotten a maximum of 24 hours to pay for the upgrade....he confirmed that i could pay at the counter on the day of my flight, which was 3 days later....i get to the counter 3 days later for my flight to be told that i only had 12 hours to pay for the upgrade & they cancelled it since i didn't pay within that time period....
That's poor service from Jet. For upgrading by cash I always prefer to do it online when prompted. Otherwise its best to pay them right away or go to a jet aiways office nearby.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2 Million Miler, Marriott Platinum
I jumped in and booked and it seems to have worked. I booked JAI to BOM and my confirmation shows 2 checked bags at 23 Kilo each. It shows on the itinerary. I booked from the US website and paid in dollars. I only attempted this after two reps assured me it would work. Thanks for the help.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:00 pm

I jumped in and booked and it seems to have worked. I booked JAI to BOM and my confirmation shows 2 checked bags at 23 Kilo each. It shows on the itinerary. I booked from the US website and paid in dollars. I only attempted this after two reps assured me it would work. Thanks for the help.
Thanks for the info. My friend had a similar issue. He called the airlines and got conflicting recommendations. It is a good idea to email the customer service and get a response from them in writing. You can print the email and take it to the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.