Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India website updated today - Star Alliance member

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Gold

Air india websites online booking tool now has a drop down menu to choose your Star Alliance FFP program. Does not yet recognise Star Alliance Gold.

Online booking on the websites of UA, LH, AC and SQ now have the option of choosing Air India Flying Returns as your FFP. TG has not been updated.

Award bookings at UA,LH,AC,SQ and TG websites do not have AI reward flights loaded yet.

Star Alliance website has most AI flights already loaded today.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by belize 1
Air india websites online booking tool now has a drop down menu to choose your Star Alliance FFP program. Does not yet recognise Star Alliance Gold.

Online booking on the websites of UA, LH, AC and SQ now have the option of choosing Air India Flying Returns as your FFP. TG has not been updated.

Award bookings at UA,LH,AC,SQ and TG websites do not have AI reward flights loaded yet.

Star Alliance website has most AI flights already loaded today.
Pretty much by Air India standards..
Old Jul 11, 2014, 12:35 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by AllAboutFlying
Pretty much by Air India standards..
Air India is ahead of the curve here. Its the other airlines that are lacking.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 12:45 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
AI now has a Star Alliance award chart for their Flying Returns members - https://www.flyingreturns.co.in/imag...ward_chart.pdf
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
give it a few more days....i think everything should be running smoothly by the end of this month....
Old Jul 11, 2014, 3:24 am

I am flying DEL-ORD on AI in a few days. I have lost my UA PLT card. I hope that they will acknowledge a printout of the card from UA website, or showing it from the UA app on my phone will work.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by leonidas
I am flying DEL-ORD on AI in a few days. I have lost my UA PLT card. I hope that they will acknowledge a printout of the card from UA website, or showing it from the UA app on my phone will work.
Speaking as an Indian, authorities here are pretty much insistent on printouts and not mobile related thingies.
So whatever you wanna show them on your mobile, just a take a printout of that and it will be more readily accepted that mobile boarding cards/status cards.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by deovrat
Speaking as an Indian, authorities here are pretty much insistent on printouts and not mobile related thingies.
So whatever you wanna show them on your mobile, just a take a printout of that and it will be more readily accepted that mobile boarding cards/status cards.

Nowadays everything is fine with a mobile.. only the BP is paper.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by deovrat
not true....i have stopped using paper at the airports....haven't done so in over a year now....i show them my ticket & my card on my mobile & have yet to have a problem....
Old Jul 11, 2014, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
not true....i have stopped using paper at the airports....haven't done so in over a year now....i show them my ticket & my card on my mobile & have yet to have a problem....
Coo, thanks! Now, any idea on higher baggage allowance for Star Gold? I can really use some extra weight/ extra bag for my trip.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by leonidas
Coo, thanks! Now, any idea on higher baggage allowance for Star Gold? I can really use some extra weight/ extra bag for my trip.
Ok so I just spoke to AI CSR. They said that the PNR shows that I am *G. They will allow one extra bag of 23kg. Let's wait and see.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by AllAboutFlying
Nowadays everything is fine with a mobile.. only the BP is paper.
Originally Posted by Keyser
Cheers for correcting me guys, but such is the situation at my smaller home airport. Although the fact that it is a primarily defense airport might contribute to the extra rigors that I have to go through every time. Nice to see that things are improving elsewhere.^
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:05 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Several posts have been cleaned up from this thread. This forum is to discuss India-based Airlines, and not general remarks about certain ethicities or nationalities. That discussion (if so desired, and access permitting) can be continued in Omni P/R.

Request everyone to adhere to FT ToS.

Thanks,
AJLondon
Mod IbA
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Platinum,Etihad Gold
Just tried to book saver award on AI from BLR to ORD Via DEL and had no issues booking it via phone as it still not showing on UA website.

The catch of the day here was Air India Agent saying that United is not part of Star Alliance and your Mileage plus status will not work for additional baggage.

when I flew Lufthansa I had 32Kg(70 lbs) of 2 bags free on the Business Class. Now with Air India Business Class it says 23Kgs (51 Lbs ) on my ticketed Itenary.

United Agent says that its 32kg not 23kg but when i check with Air india they say its only 23 Kgs not 32 Instead.

So i m in total dilema as whos correct, I believe united is correct, But AI is what i m flying so have this confusion. Does Any one else had this kind of Issue?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
So AI finally made it in sans drama. Proved me wrong.

Anyone know if AI is levying the scam charges on partners?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.