Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

DGCA allows use of devices in airplane mode

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver

Throughout the duration of the flight

Welcome to the 21st century

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ind...cle5940521.ece
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
As if anyone cared before... people used their phones and made calls as long as they had a signal
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by oliver2002
As if anyone cared before... people used their phones and made calls as long as they had a signal
so true....also, everyone uses their phone in flight mode on the flight....no one has ever stopped anyone from doing that....
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:36 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
so true....also, everyone uses their phone in flight mode on the flight....no one has ever stopped anyone from doing that....
Well, there was an announcement to switch off the mobile before take off on the flight I took just yesterday.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by tirajat
Well, there was an announcement to switch off the mobile before take off on the flight I took just yesterday.
that announcement has been there forever....i am talking about using the phone in flight mode while in the air....no one has ever asked me (or anyone else i know to) to not do that....

once in the air, people have been using their cells in flight mode for as long as i can remember....
Old Apr 25, 2014, 7:36 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by tirajat
of course. the notification was out only on 23 april 2014. it will take time for airlines to include it in their operation manuals, train their staff before the new guidelines go live and you can use your PEDs gate to gate.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 4:24 pm

People never really cared anyway.......just like getting up and fetching overhead luggage right after the plane turns off from runway towards the terminal.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 6:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
My favorite anecdote is back in 2004 when my CCU-DEL flight was 90 mins late and the guy behind me phoned his mother during approach (ie the moment he had a signal at about 8000ft) saying 'Ma, we have 90 min delay, don't worry, I'll be home soon' and the details about what will happen next.

I was just sitting there thinking how this dingdong would have travelled on Indian Rail only a few years ago and his mother would have bothered if the train was delayed 16h

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.