Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Is it essential to present FF card at checkin to claim additional baggage allowance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it essential to present FF card at checkin to claim additional baggage allowance

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: 9W Gold, EK Skywards Blue, A/club Silver, Fairmont President's Club, HH

dear all
i am travelling domestic to international (9W to CX) on separate PNRs. I would be having some extra luggage. Will Jet personnel at checkin insist on seeing my FF card to give me additional baggage allowance ? i am silver with 9W so i guess it gives me additional 15 kgs...am i correct ?
Many thanks.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:49 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
jet will extend your baggage allowance to you if you have the status reflected in your PNR. no need to present the card.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: 9W Gold, EK Skywards Blue, A/club Silver, Fairmont President's Club, HH
Originally Posted by A2A
jet will extend your baggage allowance to you if you have the status reflected in your PNR. no need to present the card.
It does. Thank you A2A
Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by A2A
just noticed...its 10 kgs not 15
Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ginger1970
dear all
i am travelling domestic to international (9W to CX) on separate PNRs. I would be having some extra luggage. Will Jet personnel at checkin insist on seeing my FF card to give me additional baggage allowance ? i am silver with 9W so i guess it gives me additional 15 kgs...am i correct ?
Many thanks.
no need for the card but which airport will you be flying out of for your domestic leg????agents at some of the smaller airports are pretty clueless about baggage rules so if that is the case then be ready to fight for it....
Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
I usually carry a print out or have the webpage showing benefits loaded and saved on my phone as a PDF... always helps with these Jet Babies at check-in nowadays.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
no need for the card but which airport will you be flying out of for your domestic leg????agents at some of the smaller airports are pretty clueless about baggage rules so if that is the case then be ready to fight for it....
will be flying out of Dehradun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.