Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India SBI Co-branded credit cards now!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India SBI Co-branded credit cards now!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 1:31 am

Programs: AI, BA, Etihad, Mariott, IHG, TIC
Smile 1st time online purchase : Authentication failed? Read on..

Originally Posted by A2A
i discovered on my first statement about the breakage of miles earned on this card. SBI Cards is rounding down every transaction to the 100 below it, and then awarding miles. For instance, I made a transaction for 9079 rs and got miles only for 9000 rs. i guess I'd be losing a lot of such miles if I really started transacting with this card on a daily basis!!! Over to PremierMiles.
This needs to be read by every new card holder before starting their purchases on the SBI AI card .

Originally Posted by deovrat
I once tweeted them that I needed to transfer points to my FR account.
I got a call in 2 hours and the points got transferred within an hour after that!

I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Had no chance thereafter to see if it happens every time.
You are one lucky guy!! ^

Originally Posted by Bioflyer
You only receive 20miles/100rs on AI website/IVR/city office - For transactions on any other TA/OTA it is 4miles/100Rs.

Monk - I guess I would put my arms on your issue as "Authentication Failure" now desperately requires an intervention from SBI team and you need lot of luck and patience to sort it with them!! All d best mate!!

Cheers!!
Thanks man .. will keep the 1st point in mind .

My authentication issue was fixed an hour back. I called up the CC yesterday and they raised a request for this. The support team kept their word (and deadline!!). I guess we need to proactively follow-up with them .

Regarding "Authentication failed" issue on the SBI AI CC, here's a proposed procedure to solve it (as played out in my case):
  1. Customer makes an online purchase (which is successful) first : No issues in this case as online purchases "seem" to work
  2. Customer makes an online purchase first, but that transaction fails : Customer needs to make a physical swipe/purchase and try an online purchase again :
    - Transaction successful? Issue solved.
    - Transaction failed and same issue? Call up CC again to report issue. Issue will be passed to the back-end team and they will fix it within 24 hours

A big warning to all newbies:
If you report an issue and if they promise to raise a request, you SHOULD receive an sms to your registered mobile number in 10 minutes (average TAT). If you don't receive one, follow up with them until you get a request raised.

In my case, the 1st CC representative promised to raise a request but never did. I was not aware that SBI sends request IDs by sms. The next day, when I called to report a different issue, I realized my request had never been taken.

Ch33rs,
Monk
Old Jul 4, 2015, 4:46 am

For New Regnistrations of the SBI-AI Card

Shout out for an employee of State Bank of India: Manish.

For people who are now going to apply for the SBI-AI Signature (Online), you will get a call from SBI from "+91 124 4135900" (at least I have got all the calls from this number)

Once you get this call, whoever has called you, ask them to convey to "Manish" to call you.

This guy is polite and patient. He will hear you out and solve all your queries.

The others are a total waste of your time. Especially if you get a call from a guy called Amit, he will ask YOU:
Do you know annual fee?
Do you know credit limit?
Do you know the benefits?

And rudely I might add.

So just ask for Manish and the chances are the processing of your card will be much much faster.

~Killdore
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:09 am

Received card but no upgrade voucher

Finally after many botched attempts received the card but no upgrade voucher.
SBI cards rep on the phone said that they stopped issuing vouchers.
Can someone confirm/negate the same.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by flyer31
I applied for the signature odyssey card (the one with 20k miles joining bonus).. no one has mentioned an upgrade voucher till date.

Where did you read / hear about upgrade vouchers?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:06 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by Killdore
I applied for the signature odyssey card (the one with 20k miles joining bonus).. no one has mentioned an upgrade voucher till date.

The voucher has been discontinued. Check the initial few pages of this thread for some of the tricks on making the most of this card.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:27 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by flyer31

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
The voucher has been discontinued. Check the initial few pages of this thread for some of the tricks on making the most of this card.
I was surprised when I received 1 upgrade voucher (only on domestic flights; upgrade to executive) with my card. I remember seeing a long-enough validity period. However, on second thought, let me check that expiry date again .

Also, my AI FR linkage issue has been sorted. It is fantastic to know the SBI team kept their word ..I received my new card in exactly 5 days. So far, good experience with the card.

Ch33rs,
Monk
Old Jul 7, 2015, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by monkatpeace
I was surprised when I received 1 upgrade voucher (only on domestic flights; upgrade to executive) with my card. I remember seeing a long-enough validity period. However, on second thought, let me check that expiry date again .

Also, my AI FR linkage issue has been sorted. It is fantastic to know the SBI team kept their word ..I received my new card in exactly 5 days. So far, good experience with the card.

Ch33rs,
Monk
During what period did you process your card (start date to receipt of card date)?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:16 am

Got a verification call today from SBI.

Caller changed terms of the card (ignorantly).

- Utility Payments not eligible for earning points
- 10 points for every INR 100 on booking Air India Tickets

I requested them to check, got a call back from the back end team:

They confirmed to me:
- Utility Bills are eligible to earn points
- One earns 20 points for every INR 100 on booking an Air India ticket

For all those who were checking on whether 20 points are earned on booking an Air India ticket on the Air India website or just booking an Air India ticket:

The Answer Is: On booking an Air India ticket, no matter on which website.

This has been confirmed to me by a back end SBI person. I have no idea how this will work or how I can hold SBI to "her" word. But at least this is what I have been told. Maestros reading this can get to work on it...

Ciao

Killdore~
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:23 pm

During what period did you process your card (start date to receipt of card date)?
This has the complete timeline.

Got a verification call today from SBI.

Caller changed terms of the card (ignorantly).

- Utility Payments not eligible for earning points
- 10 points for every INR 100 on booking Air India Tickets

I requested them to check, got a call back from the back end team:

They confirmed to me:
- Utility Bills are eligible to earn points
- One earns 20 points for every INR 100 on booking an Air India ticket

For all those who were checking on whether 20 points are earned on booking an Air India ticket on the Air India website or just booking an Air India ticket:

This has been confirmed to me by a back end SBI person. I have no idea how this will work or how I can hold SBI to "her" word. But at least this is what I have been told. Maestros reading this can get to work on it...

Ciao

Killdore~
Awesome news if it is really true .. but sometimes, we receive wrong information from the CC. I personally experienced this thrice last week.

Would request anyone on this thread who has booked per above scenario and got credited with the 20 points for every Rs.100 to come out and help us clear the confusion .. .

Ch33rs,
Monk
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:19 am

I finally received my card this weekend, 6.5 weeks after my initial application.

I have updated the timelines in my original post.

Things have actually moved fairly smoothly after I emailed my documents to an *@sbicard.com email ID and the card was approved for the second time.

• The card was dispatched an delivered within 4 days and it was packaged in a customized faux leather folder and included a domestic upgrade voucher.
  • The 2 factor authentication worked flawlessly and I received my PIN 2 days after the card was delivered
  • My AI FF account number and password were automatically generated and sent to me.

I applied for a tier match to my BA Gold status on Monday and I'm hoping that this efficiency will continue.

Originally Posted by awarty
Inspired by BioFlyer I applied for the Signature card on the website and was instantly approved and received an email confirmation.

Based on his timelines I expect a call from SBI tomorrow, lets see if the rest of the process is as smooth.

Edited to add timelines:

20/5 (5PM) - Applied for card on SBI website an received acceptance email
21/5 (10AM) - Received a call from a Gurgaon number confirming my application and scheduling agent visit on 22/5 to collect documents
26/5 (2PM) - No sign of the agent or follow up call
26/5 to 24/6 - Submitted the required documents 3 times (physical copies x2 and electronic copy x1)
- Received at least 30 phone calls from 2 sets of SBI representatives, each claiming to be the official team and saying that the other set were 3rd party agents
- Escalated my case 2 times via FB and 2 times via email.
- My original website application was rejected and a new application number created
- I only ever filled 1 application form, so I don't know if that form was linked to the new application number
26/6 - Received a new application number via SMS and an 11 working days processing time commitment
30/6 - Received a follow up SMS with a 9 working days processing time commitment
01/7 - Received an approval message via SMS, promising delivery of the card within 7 working days
02/7 - Card dispatched via Blue Dart from NCR
03/7 - Received an email from Air India Flying Returns with my account number and password
04/7 - Card delivered to PNQ
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:30 am

I leave the interpretation of the above statement to you, and also any subsequent surprises that may follow!

But, the fact remains: Any transaction that has the name / title of "AirIndia Ltd." or something similar gets 20 reward points / INR 100. If one was to visit an AI office which swipes the card on a machine that was registered under the GSA's name, you shall be receive 4 points / INR 100.

The reward points are generally allocated on the basis of Merchant info- Type of Industry, Name, Currency, Location etc.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:33 am

A new query has popped up as I plan my expenses and await the arrival of my card:

What happens to small expenses?

Example: A simple recharge of Rs 40 on my DTH connection or a Rs 80 authorization charge levied at to access club facilities that are charged to my card on a recurring basis?

Do these expenditures not qualify for the "Every 100 INR spent"?

Which brings me to the question: Does every 100 INR spent mean at the end of the monthly billing cycle or on a transaction to transaction basis?

Anybody encountered these issues?

~Killdore
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Example: A simple recharge of Rs 40 on my DTH connection or a Rs 80 authorization charge levied at to access club facilities that are charged to my card on a recurring basis?

Do these expenditures not qualify for the "Every 100 INR spent"?

Which brings me to the question: Does every 100 INR spent mean at the end of the monthly billing cycle or on a transaction to transaction basis?

~Killdore
Any transactions are rounded down to the nearest 100 INR. So, INR 40/80 will not net you any points. INR 190 will net you 4 points.

The points should get credited within 7 days of spend.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by deovrat
Any transactions are rounded down to the nearest 100 INR. So, INR 40/80 will not net you any points. INR 190 will net you 4 points.

The points should get credited within 7 days of spend.
I was afraid you'd say this. Well.. doesn't matter. I am sure all in all I'd miss out on Reward points for transactions worth INR 4,000 - 5,000. ~pfft..

Final verification call came in today.. hopefully things are going smoothly..
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:13 pm

I was afraid you'd say this. Well.. doesn't matter. I am sure all in all I'd miss out on Reward points for transactions worth INR 4,000 - 5,000. ~pfft..

Final verification call came in today.. hopefully things are going smoothly..
Look on the bright side, the small change transactions do count towards the spending thresholds!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.