Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India SBI Co-branded credit cards now!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India SBI Co-branded credit cards now!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by deepakvalecha
Called the SBI card customer service to cancel my AI Signature card - they offered to waive the fee & I saw no harm in retaining the card! I was going to apply for a cheaper SBI card anyway - the simplyClick mostly.
Did you call the general SBI credit cards CS number listed on their site and CC?
Looking at their "enhancements", I am not too interested to continue with the card by paying the Rs 5k annual fee anymore..
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:36 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Did you call the general SBI credit cards CS number listed on their site and CC?
Looking at their "enhancements", I am not too interested to continue with the card by paying the Rs 5k annual fee anymore..
Called them up to cancel the card.
They didn't offer to waive the fees, but instead offered their basic card. I refused and cancelled it.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
Called them up to cancel the card.
They didn't offer to waive the fees, but instead offered their basic card. I refused and cancelled it.
Same here. I called up today to cancel unless they waive the fees. The refused and offered SimplySAVE card. I have told them to either move me to SimplyCLICK or cancel - they will come back in a couple of weeks.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: Blasé..
And they are leaving no stone unturned to make sure that whosoever remaining also goes ahead and cancels this damn card - I guess foolish brains at SBI cards working towards ridiculing one of the best cards ever - Guess the effect exit of GE Money as partner - Now I am surely canceling it!!

"Dear Air India SBI Signature Cardholder,

We are pleased to add more miles to your Air India SBI Signature Card - Reward Program.

Currently, you earn 20 reward points for every Rs. 100 spent on Air India tickets booked through airindia.in, Air India booking offices, Air India mobile app and Air India call centres.

Effective 10th May 2017, the accelerated reward program on purchase of Air India tickets will be upgraded as under:

You can now earn 30 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on Air India tickets booked through airindia.in, Air India mobile app, when ticket is booked for self; 10 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent when ticket is booked for others.

You continue to earn:
4 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on regular spends.
Upto 1 lakh bonus Reward Points ever year on achieving annual retail spend milestones.
5000 Reward Points as anniversary gift every year.

Convert your Reward Points into Air India Air Miles. 1 Reward Point = 1 Air India Air Mile
Redeem your Reward Points for exciting gifts and vouchers from SBI Card Rewards Catalogue.

Note: You will earn 10 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on Air India tickets for self or others, booked through Air India booking offices or Air India call centres.

This communication will supersede the Air India SBI Signature Card - Reward Program benefits mentioned in all previous communications, including card application, card welcome kit, website and any other printed or digital media. T&C Apply.

Warm Regards
SBI Card"
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Bioflyer
You can now earn 30 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on Air India tickets booked through airindia.in, Air India mobile app, when ticket is booked for self; 10 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent when ticket is booked for others.
[/FONT][/COLOR]
I didn't get that email, but this is more pathetic from SBI Cards.

As an aside, what happens when I book for me + 5 others in the same transaction?

Would they calculate my own ticket cost on pro-rata basis?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by deovrat
I didn't get that email, but this is more pathetic from SBI Cards.

As an aside, what happens when I book for me + 5 others in the same transaction?

Hairbrained idea. How would they even know the name on the ticket ??
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by deovrat

i had the same question....this is going to lead to a lot of incorrect postings....
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:34 pm
Company Representative, SBI Cards

Dear Customer,We will be glad to assist you with the concern.Please mail us your contact details at [email protected] with Ref No. 1001 & we shall connect with you to address your issues.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
SBI is so clueless that they kept calling me to provide them my address proof documentation after I made simple corrections to their misspelling my street name, etc. on their website.

I e-mailed them (providing the required documentation) almost 8 times - where the e-mails were shown to have been "read".

When their repeated incompetence to even be aware of those e-mails sent by me and failure to execute the documentation I sent them on multiple e-mail addresses, I was then forced to block the idiots calling me on my mobile (calling even when abroad multiple times a day) while maintaining a credit balance in the account.

Apparently they had charged another annual fee/interest and I then paid it off in excess, again.

Now I receive a statement stating that my account is blocked with a credit balance.

I called in, they took my "request" to reopen the account and then I received an SMS saying it was denied.

So, some AI miles down the drain...

Given that they are so hard to redeem, I guess I shouldn't waste time on this, should I?

"SBIcares"! Yeah, right!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Apr 21, 2017 at 6:19 am Reason: Clarifying further...
Old Jul 15, 2022, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Has anyone transferred points from their SBI card to their Flying Returns account recently?

I did so about 2 weeks ago but the miles are still not in my account. Calling SBI only leads to them generating a complaint & a promise to resolve it within 3 days, which has passed twice now.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
Has anyone transferred points from their SBI card to their Flying Returns account recently?

I did so about 2 weeks ago but the miles are still not in my account. Calling SBI only leads to them generating a complaint & a promise to resolve it within 3 days, which has passed twice now.
Looks like you're going to be one of the guinea pigs for this! Why are you transferring now when you can't redeem it? Are your points expiring?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Looks like you're going to be one of the guinea pigs for this! Why are you transferring now when you can't redeem it? Are your points expiring?
I can redeem by going to the AI office. Have a trip coming up soon where I'm looking to use up miles to upgrade a couple of seats.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:10 am

Programs: IHG Platinum

Did a transfer around April and it went thru ok. Although SBI's customer support is a hit or miss these days and is impossible to get any resolution from them.

Have also noticed in the past that the transfer request would be showing as 'under process" when checking online with SBI, whereas it would have already credited into one's Air India - Flying Returns Account.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by quarryking
Did a transfer around April and it went thru ok. Although SBI's customer support is a hit or miss these days and is impossible to get any resolution from them.

Have also noticed in the past that the transfer request would be showing as 'under process" when checking online with SBI, whereas it would have already credited into one's Air India - Flying Returns Account.
Transferred in April & May. Both went through without any problems. But that was before Air India migrated to their new system.

Got a call from AI this morning asking if my issue had been resolved. I told them I still didn't have the miles in my account & they said they will require another 10 days to get back to me with a resolution.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Got a call from AI this morning asking if my issue had been resolved.
I like how AI calls to check if your problem has been resolved instead of checking their own systems to see if the miles have posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.