Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India SBI Co-branded credit cards now!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India SBI Co-branded credit cards now!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 2:16 am

Programs: AI, 9W
Hi,

Have accumulated a few miles on SBI AI card and wanted advice on should i redeem for Domestic travel / international travel or other benefits like Lifestyle / Taj etc. What gives the maximum bang for the buck?

Looking at experienced travellers for help.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 6:04 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sidjain000
Hi,

Have accumulated a few miles on SBI AI card and wanted advice on should i redeem for Domestic travel / international travel or other benefits like Lifestyle / Taj etc. What gives the maximum bang for the buck?

Looking at experienced travellers for help.
Welcome to FlyerTalk !

How much miles do you have and how many persons are you looking to redeem your miles for?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: AI, 9W
Originally Posted by deovrat
Welcome to FlyerTalk !

How much miles do you have and how many persons are you looking to redeem your miles for?
Approx 90k miles. Wanted to redeem for international flight to London for 2 ppl. Is this worth it or should I order for shopping vouchers (75k miles for Rs.20k voucher)?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 11:41 am

Approx 90k miles. Wanted to redeem for international flight to London for 2 ppl. Is this worth it or should I order for shopping vouchers (75k miles for Rs.20k voucher)?
In Economy you will end up paying lot in fuel surcharges (If you are travelling in Air India, the surcharge component might be 50-80% of the economy ticket value). Not worth IMO. Business class redemptions are a better value
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:41 am

well SBI doesn't fail to maintain its unstable standards. had applied for the SBI-AI signature card which got rejected 2 months back. reason given was , some internal policy of the company'. Got a call from their executive to take the platinum card instead, stating I'm eligible for that. I agreed, but got no response since.in the mean time I applied for Citibank premier miles card, which got approved with a pretty handsome credit limit. Now out of blue, after 2 months got a message from SBI today, that my platinum card application got rejected. Now this is really bizarre. Since I've got a pretty decent cibil score and I've got 2 citibank cards with more than 5l lac plus credit in totality plus HDFC and amex plat cards. don't understand what internal policies does SBI have. Not interested in their crappy services anymore!!!
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by flyer31
As suggested in this tread I used the tier match link on SBI Cards and sent them my AA Ex-Plat card and the last statement for AA Ex-Plat account and after about 10 days my status changed to Gold Edge Club.
Now will wait for the 2 upgrade certificates to arrive.
I did the same & the status update is reflected but waiting for eternity to get the kit & vouchers! 'The kit is under production process & no time frame can be given' was the reply I got from cust care.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:45 am

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
Originally Posted by mavericktraveller
I did the same & the status update is reflected but waiting for eternity to get the kit & vouchers! 'The kit is under production process & no time frame can be given' was the reply I got from cust care.
I got my membership kit after approximately 5 months. Its a hit and miss. My Silver membership kit arrived few weeks after upgrade. But Gold took 5 months to be delivered. I must have emailed/called on every email IDs/phone number I could find. In end one AI staff suggested that I send a mail to [email protected]. I got my membership kit few weeks after sending email to that ID.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Just noticed the HDFC Infinia and Regalia cards now offer complimentary AI Gold/Silver membership.

http://www.hdfcbank.com/Infinia/Bene...s_preview.aspx
Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by bharathitman
In Economy you will end up paying lot in fuel surcharges (If you are travelling in Air India, the surcharge component might be 50-80% of the economy ticket value). Not worth IMO. Business class redemptions are a better value
I second this above. Business redemptions would get you more value.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by Anish
Just noticed the HDFC Infinia and Regalia cards now offer complimentary AI Gold/Silver membership.

Well spotted ^
Their figures of bonus miles are way off though.

And I'd rather spend 5L on AI-SBI card and get AI silver along with a bunch of miles rather than go for a Regalia.
If you have to go HDFC, their diners card portfolio is to go for currently imo.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by manish83
I got my membership kit after approximately 5 months. Its a hit and miss. My Silver membership kit arrived few weeks after upgrade. But Gold took 5 months to be delivered. I must have emailed/called on every email IDs/phone number I could find. In end one AI staff suggested that I send a mail to [email protected]. I got my membership kit few weeks after sending email to that ID.
So I sent an email to the email address you posted regarding my membership kit and upgrade certificates.
I will update here as I receive my kit.
Thanks
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:10 pm

Programs: Blasé..
Originally Posted by Anish

This was there on both Infinia/Regalia sites - privileges section for 2 days and is now gone - I guess rough weathers have prevailed between AI/HDFC.

Assume only 1 government entity can only handle the other one better... SBI to AI
Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:59 am

I called them yesterday and they have taken my request for upgrading the AI membership to Gold. Let's see what happens.

They also informed me that they have tied up with Vistara and offering Vistara Gold as well. Have not requested for that though.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by vikasr
I called them yesterday and they have taken my request for upgrading the AI membership to Gold. Let's see what happens.

They also informed me that they have tied up with Vistara and offering Vistara Gold as well. Have not requested for that though.
Which card do you hold?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by vikasr

I would like to know more about this. Anyone else have any info?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.