Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India SBI Co-branded credit cards now!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India SBI Co-branded credit cards now!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:12 pm

Thanks. Got mine transferred finally. I had requested for this over the phone and it took 7 days. I will try Twitter next time . I did not know miles expire in SBI Card account in 2 years. Useful information. Thanks for sharing. ^

I had also requested for a change in my credit card statement generation date. This request was put up after first credit card statement was generated. The request was accepted and sent for approval. I received an SMS from SBI saying the query has been resolved but no clue if they made a date change. I guess I will have to wait for the next statement to check if the date has been changed.

Originally Posted by deovrat
I have done it twice so far.
First time I requested via email, it took 7 days.
Second time I asked them on twitter, they called me and transferred it within 4 hours!

So a true case of YMMV.

Last edited by kaul; Aug 31, 2015 at 12:17 pm Reason: updated the post
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by deovrat
I have done it twice so far.
First time I requested via email, it took 7 days.
Second time I asked them on twitter, they called me and transferred it within 4 hours!

So a true case of YMMV.
What email should one write to to get miles transferred? Any specifics to be included?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
a few days ago i was trying to use my sbi card to purchase a ticket on ai but kept getting stuck at the payment page since the system wouldn't generate an otp....

i must have tried about 10 times during the course of the day without any success....late in the evening i finally gave up & used another card to purchase the ticket....around 2am i was woken up with all 10 messages containing an otp....

has anyone else had a problem generating an otp during the payment process????i remember sbi had the option of using an ipin when i first got the card....i wonder why they got rid of that option....
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Keyser
a few days ago i was trying to use my sbi card to purchase a ticket on ai but kept getting stuck at the payment page since the system wouldn't generate an otp....

i must have tried about 10 times during the course of the day without any success....late in the evening i finally gave up & used another card to purchase the ticket....around 2am i was woken up with all 10 messages containing an otp....

has anyone else had a problem generating an otp during the payment process????
Many times...

(Not on AI site - come to think of it, never used it there...)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Sep 2, 2015 at 12:31 pm
Old Sep 2, 2015, 4:27 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mavericktraveller
What email should one write to to get miles transferred? Any specifics to be included?
[email protected]

I mentioned my name, card number, AI-FR number and no. of miles to be transferred.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:07 am

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Many times...
Me too...
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by paag
Me too...
I have faced this once, however it was not on AI site.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:52 am

Thanks deovrat

Last edited by mavericktraveller; Sep 3, 2015 at 12:53 am Reason: additional text
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:29 am

Just realized SBICards is now emailing the OTP.
Welcome change for swipes done while travelling.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:00 am

is there any way to transfer the air india miles to jet airways? JET is not a star alliance member but turkish airlines is partner airline of both AI and JET. is it someway possible to transfer the AI miles to JET indirectly????
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by lifetrix
is there any way to transfer the air india miles to jet airways? JET is not a star alliance member but turkish airlines is partner airline of both AI and JET. is it someway possible to transfer the AI miles to JET indirectly????
No such way exists. Airlines generally do not share their miles to other airlines, with very rare exceptions.
Let alone 9W, you can't even transfer them to TK.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:07 am

well AI FR contact person clearly confirmed that it is possible to transfer the air india miles to TK. even FR website mentions the same along with conversion chart of miles. but both AI and TK have exorbitant YQ charges. 9W is one of the lowest. that is why want to transfer AI miles to JET.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:42 am

well AI FR contact person clearly confirmed that it is possible to transfer the air india miles to TK. even FR website mentions the same along with conversion chart of miles. but both AI and TK have exorbitant YQ charges. 9W is one of the lowest. that is why want to transfer AI miles to JET.
Transfer is not possible. Can you point us to the conversion chart ?
You can book an award ticket on TK (or any *A flights), but not transfer.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:34 pm

yes you are correct. my bad, i should have mentioned booking and not transfer. sorry for the error.

however, the YQ charges on international travel on AI are super high.delhi to london roundtrip is like 47k over and above the award ticket. the normal ticket would cost only slightly expensive. so is there is way to reduce the YQ charges by travelling on any partner airline.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:08 pm

yes you are correct. my bad, i should have mentioned booking and not transfer. sorry for the error.

however, the YQ charges on international travel on AI are super high.delhi to london roundtrip is like 47k over and above the award ticket. the normal ticket would cost only slightly expensive. so is there is way to reduce the YQ charges by travelling on any partner airline.
AI applies YQ surcharge to all partner flights also.
What you can do at most is to search a partner which has less YQ than others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.