Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India SBI Co-branded credit cards now!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India SBI Co-branded credit cards now!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:30 am

Got a message today from sbi, stating that "my application for Air India-SBI card could not be processed because of some internal company policy". Followed by a call from that i can get platinum card instead, which i denied.Was really looking forward to this card. Should i re apply or just forget about it completely. Is there someone in this group, who got this card on second attempt?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:00 am

Is there any link to know how far before reaching annual spends targets?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by avneeshj
Can anyone help me with a query I have about this card? I was wondering if I have an add-on card issued on my account where will the OTP for this add-on card be sent? Will it be on the primary registered mobile number or can I have a separate number for the add-on? I know Amex allows having a different phone number for add-on cards which makes a lot of sense since that is the only way the additional card will be of any use. I just want to know what SBI's take is on this.

Thanks
Yeah. OTP goes to Primary card holder's cell number which is kind of weird leaving no flexibility to the add on card holder. Everytime he has to have otp he needs to be in touch with primary card holder.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:14 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mavericktraveller
Is there any link to know how far before reaching annual spends targets?
Nope, you have to add all spends (or payments) manually.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by rsv1
Got a message today from sbi, stating that "my application for Air India-SBI card could not be processed because of some internal company policy". Followed by a call from that i can get platinum card instead, which i denied.Was really looking forward to this card. Should i re apply or just forget about it completely. Is there someone in this group, who got this card on second attempt?
My two cents .... You should have taken the Platinum card if it was the Air India SBI Platinum card, and upgraded to Signature card after six months. It's better than not having the card at all. Once you build good credit history with SBI, upgrade should have been easy.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:56 am

Hi! Does anyone know how long it takes for the miles to show up in the AI FR account after they have been transferred from SBI?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by kaul
Hi! Does anyone know how long it takes for the miles to show up in the AI FR account after they have been transferred from SBI?
I have done it twice so far.
First time I requested via email, it took 7 days.
Second time I asked them on twitter, they called me and transferred it within 4 hours!

So a true case of YMMV.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:21 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Do you seriously have to ask for this to be done??

Incredible.

Because I exceeded the paltry credit limit, SBI has "temporarily" blocked the card until 60% is paid to them...what a joke!

They approved me originally for 3.5x the current limit, then after the 5-6 applications they ruled it would be the lower amount and will not even consider changing it for 6 months after having the card!

Originally Posted by kaul
Originally Posted by deovrat
I have done it twice so far.
First time I requested via email, it took 7 days.
Second time I asked them on twitter, they called me and transferred it within 4 hours!

So a true case of YMMV.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Yes. Reward points earned are not directly deposited to your AI-FR account.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by deovrat
Yes. Reward points earned are not directly deposited to your AI-FR account.
**Amazed**

Are there any other programs one can transfer into - if this is the case, similar to the PremierMiles cc?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:28 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
no. this is an air india co-branded card, hence you can only transfer to AI or buy stuff off their catalogue
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Yes, but it is in a way a good thing as miles once posted to FlyingReturns have an expiry date. in SBI account, they don't expire.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:17 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by bluecrabs
Yes, but it is in a way a good thing as miles once posted to FlyingReturns have an expiry date. in SBI account, they don't expire.
In SBI, they expire after 2 years.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by A2A
In SBI, they expire after 2 years.
ah! didn't know that.. so max one can get is 2 years(SBI) + 3 years(FR)?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by bluecrabs
ah! didn't know that.. so max one can get is 2 years(SBI) + 3 years(FR)?
Indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.