Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India SBI Co-branded credit cards now!

Air India SBI Co-branded credit cards now!

Old Feb 16, 2015, 11:34 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by kanwkwal1
Any one got tier upgrade recently done for 10 lakh spend? I am constantly trying since Novemeber but they keep on giving excue it is on hold from Air India side for 1 month and so on. Latest date is Feb 28 for hold on any upgrades.

Any help would be appreciated
Check with their 'Grievance Redressal Officer': https://www.sbicard.com/header_foote...ContactUs.html
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
Check with their 'Grievance Redressal Officer': https://www.sbicard.com/header_foote...ContactUs.html
Thanks, will contact them. Not sure how much it will help though.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:10 am

Programs: 9W Gold, EY Plat
Thanks, will contact them. Not sure how much it will help though.
Any luck ? My case is also stuck for a couple of months now.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by traveller123
Any luck ? My case is also stuck for a couple of months now.
Not yet. No response from anyone. Just keep on pushing dates further.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, DL Plat, AA Gold
Not yet. No response from anyone. Just keep on pushing dates further.
I crossed my 10L spend in early November, and they gave me the same response week after week for months (Technical issue from AI. Please wait 15 more days). I had also escalated this to the Nodal officer, and eventually to the CEO desk as well. But same response from everybody for almost 4 months.

Finally as of last week, I got my tier upgraded from Silver to Golden Edge Club. Around the same time, another friend of mine who crossed the 5L spend in November (and later 10L by January), got his account upgraded to Silver Edge now. Who knows how much longer they might take to move that to Gold.

Clearly the fact that tier upgrades happened for 2 different accounts within a week's time implies that AI systems are working just fine. So SBI's excuse is just what it is - an excuse. But the good news is that my Golden Edge status is valid from now through February 2016. Thankfully they didn't apply a 12 month deadline from the time I actually crossed my 10L spend ^
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
Originally Posted by sudhaamshu
I crossed my 10L spend in early November, and they gave me the same response week after week for months (Technical issue from AI. Please wait 15 more days). I had also escalated this to the Nodal officer, and eventually to the CEO desk as well. But same response from everybody for almost 4 months.

Finally as of last week, I got my tier upgraded from Silver to Golden Edge Club. Around the same time, another friend of mine who crossed the 5L spend in November (and later 10L by January), got his account upgraded to Silver Edge now. Who knows how much longer they might take to move that to Gold.

Clearly the fact that tier upgrades happened for 2 different accounts within a week's time implies that AI systems are working just fine. So SBI's excuse is just what it is - an excuse. But the good news is that my Golden Edge status is valid from now through February 2016. Thankfully they didn't apply a 12 month deadline from the time I actually crossed my 10L spend ^
Glad to know your Gold upgrade finally went through. Now join the queue to receive the membership kit If you have any luck getting the kit, do let me know as well. Its been 6 months since I was upgraded to Gold tier and the kit is not in sight.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by manish83
Glad to know your Gold upgrade finally went through. Now join the queue to receive the membership kit If you have any luck getting the kit, do let me know as well. Its been 6 months since I was upgraded to Gold tier and the kit is not in sight.
Forget the kit, I have faced serious issues specially in China when it comes to priority boarding, they guys there just done listen. I am traveling again to Shanghai mid of this month, Dont know how to handle it this time. I will probably take a snapshot of the webpage in my mobile camera. I have sent messages to their twitter handle, got a reply that they are working on it, still NOTHING !
Old Mar 7, 2015, 1:43 am

Credit Card Application Status

Dear SBI card, I have been said that currently I do not qualify for SBI Card due to no cibil record. Also I have been said that you can still have a card by FIXED DEPOSIT option. I was need of SBI Card to purchase apple mobile and laptop in EMI option and I have already two FIXED DEPOSIT with SBI. I have said that mark up lien On my FD of Rs.500000/- and issue me a card. I have applied on 24th Feb 2015 and I have got verification call on my mobile on 28th Feb 2015. At that time excutive said me that I will get the card within 7 days of verification.
I have been given FORM number= Xxxxxxx and excutive said that I will receive a application number on my mobile within 2-3 days of verification. Till now, I have not get any response from SBI Card. Kindly check and tell me that my Application will be processed within 7 days or not.
I want to buy product as soon as possible and ICICI have a feature of instant credit card against FIXED DEPOSIT so tell me. I will withdraw MY FIXED DEPOSIT and I will approch to ICICI bank for card.
My mobile number is xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by AJLondon; Mar 15, 2015 at 6:59 am Reason: Mod action - remove personal info
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:38 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sudhaamshu

Good to know it worked for you finally. Gives me hope to fight for my upgrade now :-)
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I was forced to re-apply 4 times (with documents) after the initial application was taken more than 1.25 years ago.

This final time - after providing all documents - the agency/subcontractors called me to tell me that my DL had expired and they needed another document in its place. They provided a gmail address. I refused and insisted on an SBI Bank e-mail address - they had none to provide me.

In any case, they were willing to send someone personally to my office again - but in the meantime the Mumbai RTO was having problems refusing agents to operate inside and then my DL has not been renewed - for unknown reasons - probably due to my using an agent.

Then, just a few days ago I received an SMS stating that my application for the SBI card was denied!

"Incredible India" - the national tourism motto...
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i've been trying to call sbi for the last 3 days but just can't seem to get through to them on their regular numbers....is anyone else having this problem????
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:27 am

SBI cards is absolutely crap organization. Applied for the Visa Signature card got the instant approval (840 CIBIL with significantly good income levels) only to be followed up by phones and personal visits for fetching documents. After 4 weeks I get a call that they cant issue Signature card due to internal policy so please take platinum which is ........ because they cant tell what the internal policy was so they lose fees and a customer because I applied for other super premium cards and got them within 2 weeks...
Moral of the story SBI/GE cards division don't know the market yet
Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:30 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Hitendra7
Dear SBI card, I have been said that currently I do not qualify for SBI Card due to no cibil record. Also I have been said that you can still have a card by FIXED DEPOSIT option. I was need of SBI Card to purchase apple mobile and laptop in EMI option and I have already two FIXED DEPOSIT with SBI. I have said that mark up lien On my FD of Rs.500000/- and issue me a card. I have applied on 24th Feb 2015 and I have got verification call on my mobile on 28th Feb 2015. At that time excutive said me that I will get the card within 7 days of verification.
I have been given FORM number= Xxxxxxx and excutive said that I will receive a application number on my mobile within 2-3 days of verification. Till now, I have not get any response from SBI Card. Kindly check and tell me that my Application will be processed within 7 days or not.
I want to buy product as soon as possible and ICICI have a feature of instant credit card against FIXED DEPOSIT so tell me. I will withdraw MY FIXED DEPOSIT and I will approch to ICICI bank for card.
My mobile number is xxxxxxxxxx
You do realize that this is not an SBI Cards operated forum and we are not SBI Cards employees, right?
You need to stop posting your personal details here and instead complain to SBI Cards directly.

Last edited by AJLondon; Mar 15, 2015 at 7:00 am
Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:35 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I was forced to re-apply 4 times (with documents) after the initial application was taken more than 1.25 years ago.

This final time - after providing all documents - the agency/subcontractors called me to tell me that my DL had expired and they needed another document in its place. They provided a gmail address. I refused and insisted on an SBI Bank e-mail address - they had none to provide me.

In any case, they were willing to send someone personally to my office again - but in the meantime the Mumbai RTO was having problems refusing agents to operate inside and then my DL has not been renewed - for unknown reasons - probably due to my using an agent.

Then, just a few days ago I received an SMS stating that my application for the SBI card was denied!

"Incredible India" - the national tourism motto...
Were they insisting on your Driver's License? You could easily have provided some other proof (e.g. Passport) to the guy who was willing to come to you.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 1:50 am

I have completed my 10L spends 2-3 months before the card renewal date and got the additional miles. Called SBI and asked them to extend my Air India Gold tier for the next 1 year, which has not yet happened due to their processes and as also mentioned in several posts here.

The question is, does anybody know when the calculation of milestone spends starts for the next Rs. 10L? Is it immediately after completing the first Rs. 10L or after starting of the next membership year? SBI cards could not give me any firm reply on this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.