Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India SBI Co-branded credit cards now!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India SBI Co-branded credit cards now!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
Originally Posted by deovrat
From SBICard website:
"11.2.7: Points can only be accumulated for a period of 24 months from the date of the accrual of reward point under the rewards program. Any points not used by the end of the stipulated 24 months shall lapse and be forfeited."

And from AI Flying Returns:
"4.24: Flying Returns miles shall be valid for redemption during the year of accrual and three subsequent
calender years.
For example: Miles accrued in CY 2013 shall remain valid upto 31st December 2016,accrued in 2014
upto 31st December 2017, accrued in 2015 upto 31st December 2018."

I would assume that you 'accrue' the miles on the date when you transfer them from your SBI account to your FF account.
So the best way to postpone the expiry would be - To keep those in your SBI account for 2 years and after the expiry of those 2 years, transfer them to your AI FF account for a further 3 years; making a maximum of about 5 years.

Though the miles would surely devalue a lot by then, so not recommended in my opinion.

Anyone with a better information, please feel free to correct me.
Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:04 am

SBI AIR India card applied and delivered in net 16 days... it was smooth and Amazing.. but not without flaws. They created a new FFP number, which they have now rectified and taken a request for card replacement. Over all, beyond expectations.

Also, received 1 upgrade voucher and a leather folder along with the card.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by agarwaga
SBI AIR India card applied and delivered in net 16 days... it was smooth and Amazing.. but not without flaws. They created a new FFP number, which they have now rectified and taken a request for card replacement. Over all, beyond expectations.

Also, received 1 upgrade voucher and a leather folder along with the card.
How did you put in the request for rectifying the FFP no? Via phone or email? And what was their response time?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:34 pm

How did you put in the request for rectifying the FFP no? Via phone or email? And what was their response time?
Surprisingly, I got a call from SBICare lady that my card has been approved and will be delivered soon, which was nice..

Knowing the history, I enquired, if they have the right FFP number on the card. I placed the request for correction, and she took care of the rest.

BTW i am still to receive the rectified card.

Hope they continue with the good service...
Old Aug 15, 2014, 7:42 am

Surprisingly, I got a call from SBICare lady that my card has been approved and will be delivered soon, which was nice..

Knowing the history, I enquired, if they have the right FFP number on the card. I placed the request for correction, and she took care of the rest.

BTW i am still to receive the rectified card.

Hope they continue with the good service...
Thank you for the info, looks like you hit a good one! I just hope this happens with my application as well.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:07 am

Hi, I placed a request with AwardWallet this morning if they can add SBI Card Rewards (Shop & Smile) to the program list.

They have added this program to the backlog.

They will add support for the new program based on demand. The more votes this program gains, the sooner it would be implemented.

Here is the link to Vote :
https://awardwallet.com/status/

Thanks,
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:23 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I applied and filled out the forms *long*, *long* ago - yet no card has appeared.

No idea what is going on...

(Not that I am in any rush to get it though...)
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:25 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Hi, I placed a request with AwardWallet this morning if they can add SBI Card Rewards (Shop & Smile) to the program list.

They have added this program to the backlog.

They will add support for the new program based on demand. The more votes this program gains, the sooner it would be implemented.

Here is the link to Vote :
https://awardwallet.com/status/

Thanks,
Is this the method to track AI FlyingReturns?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I applied and filled out the forms *long*, *long* ago - yet no card has appeared.

Exactly how long are we talking about? Weeks? Months?
Did you get your application number or any intimation that you are approved for the card?

In the same boat, so asking.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy

Exactly how long are we talking about? Weeks? Months?
Did you get your application number or any intimation that you are approved for the card?

In the same boat, so asking.
+1

I hope I don't regret applying for the card.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:04 am

Hi All,

I need to make a higher payment through this card (overseas) than my prescribed SBI credit limit. Can someone please suggest the options? Can I transfer funds to my SBI CC account in advance (prior to the transaction) so while incurring the expenses, the transaction is not rejected? Is it a workable solution.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:20 pm

Check the thread, someone tried doing just that and his card got blocked for "suspicious" activities. It took weeks before the card was unblocked.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by manish83
Check the thread, someone tried doing just that and his card got blocked for "suspicious" activities. It took weeks before the card was unblocked.
yup....that was me....the incompetent folks at sbi called it 'money laundering' & blocked my card for a few weeks....
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:11 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by ajj1983
Hi All,

I need to make a higher payment through this card (overseas) than my prescribed SBI credit limit. Can someone please suggest the options? Can I transfer funds to my SBI CC account in advance (prior to the transaction) so while incurring the expenses, the transaction is not rejected? Is it a workable solution.
CitiPM allows a temporary limit extention of about 15%, provided you call them in advance and give them details of the transaction and re-payment schedule. An approval for this takes an hour's time.

You could check if SBI offers similar service.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:12 am

I have checked with SBI in the past and any review of your credit limit requires that you hold the card for at least 6 months before requesting the review. If your card account is less than 6 months old then the credit enhancement request is rejected outright. If you qualify for 6 months criteria, then they require you to email them a bunch of documents (pay slips, ITR etc etc) along with a signed copy of limit enhancement form. After all this they take 7-10 business days to "process" this information and reply back with a decision.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.