Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet airways one way upgrade cost LHR-BOM from Y

Jet airways one way upgrade cost LHR-BOM from Y

Old Mar 23, 2015, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MHC/5280AGL ; list too long to be boastful ;-)
Hello folks,

Having flown dozen+ times so far in the last two years LHR-BOM sector, Here is another summary if it helps anyone looking to upgrade in JET airways.

For me, the chances of getting an upsell I would say was 70% on onward journeys (I always reach the airport good 3-4 hours before check-in time and enquire at the ticketing desk).

For onward journeys, I was offered 8-9 times an upsell to J for a fixed price of 699 (once it was surprisingly less at 499). Though offered, I chose to pay only 3 times on night flights. Rest of the time, I was flying day hours and since I am not too deprived of sleep -I think paying 699 was not value of money and was happy to sit in the cattle class with my kindle.

On return journeys, I always tried to get a paid upsell to premier cabin. Mainly because my flight times are so odd at 2:30 in the morning I would be sleep deprived and getting that flat bed straighten my back was always a treat (even though I dislike the JET cabin lights).
I would say the chances I stood was less than 50%. The return upsell is really cheaper INR29K to 36000(Rupees). I did try every single journey at BOM airport counters and got lucky 5 times to be precise.
On 3-4 occasions, I was made to wait by the staff but then they refused or said sorry later, which, I suspect was going as 'personal favours' to some other passengers.

Anyway my India project stint is now over and the company that contracted me here in the UK does not believe in business class travel on long haul. I was told except the CEO/CTO's everyone travels on Y. I really hope they change their travel policies one day!. Moreover, they always found the cheapest selling class fares with all possible restrictions.

My advise is - be prepared to pay and try your luck and there is really no free upgrades as far as I am aware for JET.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
The return upsell is cheaper because there is a differential tax amount that needs to be added when flying out of LHR in premium cabins.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.